Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
BRINGING THIS BACK FROM THE DEAD!!!! 11/16/09

NEW PRICE 1400 OBO Need this sold asap!!! Bought my 2001 Wolfsburg Jetta and cant have the car in the driveway anymore! give this car a good home guys!!!

143000 miles on it and running great. I did the head gasket new toyota head bolts all toyota gaskets include intake gaskets exhaust manifold gasket and thermostat gaskets. I also changed spark plugs put a muffler and intake on it. I did oil changes the first 500 1000 and 2000 miles to ensure the motor was good. There is no blowby or smoke runs strong and clean.

shocks
struts
rear diff gasket
needs a clutch sooner then never
clutch slave cylinder

Pics for clicks! call me at 630-901-7326 for a detailed list of everything i can think of on the car.

Just some pics of when i did the head gasket.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
comeon people i thought id have a little more interest then this someone give this car a good home i really need some cash to put down on a new car guys. i cant own both right now my finances arent the greatest atm.

·
Registered
970 Posts
Dude no offense but the reason you aren't getting any interest is because you're price is a little... too hopeful. Especially with that laundry list of things the car "might" need. The very visual body imperfections don't help your cause any either.

Tbh, I bought two mkII's for less than that (combined), and both were in as good if not better condition.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, I'm just trying to help you make sense of this.

·
I like Boost
3,725 Posts
you beat me to it. I thought I was going to be that bearer.

the body is damaged and those parts are really hard to find.....especially a bumper in good shape...and a fender? lots of body damage, dents, rear quarter is completely rotted through

Interior is really dirty, the car is missing a lot of original pieces that are hard to find like the radio, and the moldings, the center console lid, the rear hatch cover is faded badly, the timing covers, grill, rear driver mudflap, windshield washer bucket is missing?

and the clutch is going?

I dunno about you, but I'm a do-it-yourself-er, and for the price I am discouraged with how much work I would have to put in to get it in shape.

dont get pissed, were trying to help, your going to have to fix it or adjust your price accordingly...

comeon people i thought id have a little more interest then this someone give this car a good home i really need some cash to put down on a new car guys. i cant own both right now my finances arent the greatest atm.
whats wrong with your jetta? isnt that your DD?

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I sold that jetta about 2 months ago and ive been driving this around. this honestly was going to be my track car and ive been dailying it now for 2 months non stop. its a great car and all but i wont have the 1000 bucks to dump into it to to make it perfect besides the body. im interested in getting another jetta but in stick this time around and a good friend is selling me his for 3000 as a good friend discount so i really cant pass it up. i know its a little pricy but i was hoping to at least get 1500 for it. if i ask what i want il never get it... perks of being a salesman. but if i cant sell it localy either im going to start fixing things starting off with the breaks and suspension. i have no need for this car in the winter. and the interior actually is in pretty clean shape besides the 2 tone carpet. i have pics of when i bought the car and i was apauled by how the previous owner kept the car and treated it. there were nasty pin stripes all over it and the interior looked like a combine went through it. as far as a radio goes tough shit on that cous it was all hacked when i bought it so i threw my alpine in there and it has some rockford fosgates in the front and some walmart speakers in the back. regardless im open to offers but its a damn good runing car and if it wasnt id at least sell it for what i bought it for.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
and i do have washer tank spare tire rear wiper mud flaps interior peices front grill is on cam cover and any other missing peices im sure i have put away there was very little that i didnt have when i bought the car.

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
well if this supposed to be your track car why u sold the jetta?

yeah dude is way tooo much for the car, seriously i bought one for $350 (bad engine) , free rust , im rebuilding the engine, and i already spent $1000 (machine shop + gasket + new oil pump ) on the engine by itself, new clutch ($120) and that make less that what r u asking for...

just my 2 cents....

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
i do agree that the car isnt worth 2k, but i hate it when guys say that they got their car for $50, 150, 275 etc and that its less than what the seller is asking for in better shape. YOU GOT A STEAL OF A DEAL IN THAT CASE. that doesnt mean thats the actual value of these cars.

fyi, im not pointing out anybody, just wanted to get that point across to everyone..

good luck with the sale

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
well is all about getting a good deal, if for him the car is worth $2000. thats it, i guess a lot of guys here are the kind of do-it-yourself... and got a steal of a deal.

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
the problems you listed arent TOO big a deal, its just that a $2000 car should have a straight body, imo. good luck with the sale though.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
well if this supposed to be your track car why u sold the jetta?
well i sold the jetta cous i was 4800 upside down on it and it was starting to show its expected auto trans problems which woulda cost me 2200 bucks just to fix and its a sealed trans so i couldnt be sure as to what was wrong with it. if it ever blew then it would be 4500 to replace it with a new one cous the used ones that are sold have the same problems as mine did. i agree the car isnt the best bodily shape but the underside is amazing for a midwest car and it hurts to say the previous owner was either drunk or high when he drove the car so thats why it looks the way it does now. ive been proding here and there snading priming and filling a few rough spots and im going to detail it too to try and get the shine back.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
UPDATE 10-12-09

Price change 1400!!!! OBO i need this thing gone asap so i can pick up my winter car. someone pick this thing up. it will make it t cali and back to chicago no problem! it just needs to go to the right home for some love!

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
bump bringing it back from the dead i have no more room to put this car and have nowhere to put it over the winter someone make me an unrefusable offer and give this car a good home! i cant see this going into the wrong hands of a fast and the furous addict itl come out looking like a honda civic or sumthing:sadsmilie

1 - 13 of 13 Posts