Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to look at a supra that is being sold close to where I live. While I was driving it the car would vibrate and it got much worse as the brakes were applied. I've been told so many things by a few different people.

My mechanic seems to the the rear end is shot.

My neighbor said it could be struts, and my other neighbor said it was bent wheel/warped rotors.

Also, there is a squeaking belt which didn't start squeaking until my 2nd test drive however it didn't squeak after the car warmed up a bit.

Thanks for any insight!

·
Registered
137 Posts
wheels out of balance, flat spotted tires, worn steering/suspension components...was it the front end of the car vibrating or the rear or both?
if the brake rotors are warped (which i suspect they would be) it would get worse when braking

belt squeeling would either be the belt or the tensioner, was the temp and the voltage ok when you drove it? either of those (belt or tensioner) wouldnt stop me from buying the car but i would try to figure out the vibration thing first

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
wheels out of balance, flat spotted tires, worn steering/suspension components...was it the front end of the car vibrating or the rear or both?
if the brake rotors are warped (which i suspect they would be) it would get worse when braking

belt squeeling would either be the belt or the tensioner, was the temp and the voltage ok when you drove it? either of those (belt or tensioner) wouldnt stop me from buying the car but i would try to figure out the vibration thing first
It seemed like it was the whole car that was vibrating.

·
Registered
137 Posts
drive shaft out of balance, thrown weight, or bad carrier bearing

1 - 6 of 6 Posts