Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1986 Toyota Celica Supra - $1200 (Fort Myers)

Date: 2009-11-13, 12:51PM EST
Reply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]

Project car or parts car. Complete car, Clean Florida Title, new tires, 2.8 Liter Inline 6 Cylinder, engine starts and runs excellent, Automoatic transmission complete but not working, interior in overall good condition, only 115,000 miles. Factory installed options include A/C, Power Windows, Sunroof, Aluminum Wheels. Aftermarket AM/FM/CD Player.

John 239-694-2050

$1,200 or best offer.

Will consider parting out.

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

·
POTATO
17,252 Posts
It's an '84 and damnit Billy, was gonna look at it this Friday for a friend.

There's a black L-type in Tampa area for cheap too I think.

Too bad there really isn't a Florida Supra market lol.

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
I go down to Fort Myers every year and always see Supras...it's like they come out of the woodwork.

·
POTATO
17,252 Posts
I go down to Fort Myers every year and always see Supras...it's like they come out of the woodwork.
what the hell?

I've only seen ONE mk2, other than mine, in all the time I've been back here (Aug. '08). Have seen a few mk3s and two RHD mk4s in Ft Myers, but.... mk2s, nope.

·
POTATO
17,252 Posts
ok, so I checked out this car today, and NO it's obviously NOT an '86.... which the dealer didn't even know. It's an '84, with a Nov '83 build date.

It has only 115,000 miles and the interior reflects that... dashboard is immaculate, all the switches still have their markings on them. Analog cluster.

The body, however, is a piece. Both fenders dented, bottoms of both doors rusted to hell, one quarter panel starting to rust out, hatch is eaten up as well.

Lowest the guy will go on the car is $990, as he supposedly paid $750 for the car in trade-in value AND had to pay for the car to be towed.

The auto trans is most likely unsalvageable, as the pan isn't even on it all the way and they've been running the car w/ no fluid in the tranny. So uh, yeah.

·
POTATO
17,252 Posts
well... granted the interor is clean, but who really wants L-type seats? :D

the dash is sooo nice... and did I mention, the buttons in the console actually still have their markings!

·
POTATO
17,252 Posts
guy came down to $550.... parts car price almost... :p

1 - 11 of 11 Posts