Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Snagged this little truck off of CL recently, 60,000 miles, in a mini storage for the last 20 years. Hard to believe a truck 24 years of age can exist with such low millage.

Thought i would share, I bought one of these brand new in 86, my first new car purchase here in Colorado...gave it up with 200K on the clock...doubt it is still going today !!!

Daughter still will not make an effort to drive a 5sp...:32::32:

My 86..scanned photo::::

·
Registered
304 Posts
Wow, that is super-clean! You don't see many Toyota p/ups from that era where at least the box isn't all rusty. Very nice find. Gotta love that dry Colorado air. There's a lot to be said for an old-school, more basic truck that isn't so 'fancified' that you're afraid to take it off-road. Well done.

·
Premium Member
7,186 Posts
Dude, you are one serious shopper ;) Nice snag...Id love to find a similar vintage Runner in that shape!

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
"caugh it up" he say's....:thumbsup:

I don't mind saying..paid $2300

I am trying to dig up my first new truck purchase, might need to break out the photo albums and scanner...hate those things.

·
Premium Member
6,134 Posts
Wow. Why the 20 year storage? Gotta be a story there.

·
Registered
434 Posts
What a steal! Dude where do you keep all of your cars?

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Nice find that's a sweet truck, amazing price. Hide it from Aaron, I think he wants it. Haha!

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Found the picture of my first new car purchase.

We bought the burnt orange pickup new, however the dealer called and could not finance us at the time, had to return the darn thing after driving for a week....so that one does not count, gave it back and ended up with a used subaru brat.

The white one was my official new car purchase in 86...wow, that was a long time ago.....I drove that thing from breckenride to aspen every friday for a pro mogul event, every time I won $$$ I would buy new truck accessories !! placed 1st, 30 consecutive times.

·
Registered
304 Posts
I had a friend who had a '79 Toy 4x4 similar to the burnt orange one in your pic. Looked just like it, except it had round headlights, it was even the same color. With that live-axle front end, that was one rough-riding whore, but you didn't really mind, it was even kind of fun bouncing your head off the ceiling when you hit bumps (on the street!). Well, I was a lot younger then, I probably wouldn't think that was so fun now. Those trucks just oozed 'tough' didn't they?

I forgot you were the ski-meister. First time I went skiing I hit a tree straight on and wrapped all four limbs around the tree; my friends said it was straight out of a cartoon. : )

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
ha ha, that is funny you say that, wife and I remember bouncing around in the solid axle pre 86 toyota, we waited to get the IFS suspension on the 86....now everyone searches for the 85 model year,,,solid front axle and first year for the EFI , go figure.

I had a friend who had a '79 Toy 4x4 similar to the burnt orange one in your pic. Looked just like it, except it had round headlights, it was even the same color. With that live-axle front end, that was one rough-riding whore, but you didn't really mind, it was even kind of fun bouncing your head off the ceiling when you hit bumps (on the street!). Well, I was a lot younger then, I probably wouldn't think that was so fun now. Those trucks just oozed 'tough' didn't they?

I forget you were the ski-meister. First time I went skiing I hit a tree straight on and wrapped all four limbs around the tree; my friends said it was straight out of a cartoon. : )

·
Registered
304 Posts
"Bunch of Old Rusty Klunker Toyota Vehicles:"

That's supposed to be ironic, right? :sarcasm:

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
I am hating on you. That thing is cleannnnn!

·
Registered
5,448 Posts
That is one hell of a deal, $2300 will net you a decent one around here, no where close to that nice.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts