Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wondering if the 2jz cam shaft will swap right into the 1jz without any machining or modify. How much it will help on power wise.

·
Registered
6,255 Posts
They will not swap right in, you have to have the front journals machined, which can cost up to about $100. I have them in my 1J. I gained 1000 more rpms of usable power and no low end loss or added lag. I spent $200 in total....well worth it IMO.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I will try to get from a friend in my area.

Thanks again for the help.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have two pair of 2j stock cams that I milled down at my shop that I don't need 1 set is aristo 2j cams that are slightly small than the other set which is mrk4 cams. I tryied them all to find out what the difference would be(dyno tune with AEM ) the aristo were 20 hp gain at same boost and the mrk4 were almost 30hp gain and they both came in sooner and pulled harder in the upper rpms. I then changed to the BCrowler 268 which lost 600 to 800rpms spool up but gained double on the mid and top end almost 60hp and I can rev to almost 9000rpms now. They make good power from 4500 to 8500. I was making 340 hp @14psi w/1J cams to now 440hp w/268 cams with the same boost.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the info.

So if I just running the stock 1jz ecu now, will it be able for the engine to run smooth and still get the power? By the way I'm trying to go single turbo now.

Thanks

·
Registered
452 Posts
I have two pair of 2j stock cams that I milled down at my shop that I don't need 1 set is aristo 2j cams that are slightly small than the other set which is mrk4 cams. I tryied them all to find out what the difference would be(dyno tune with AEM ) the aristo were 20 hp gain at same boost and the mrk4 were almost 30hp gain and they both came in sooner and pulled harder in the upper rpms. I then changed to the BCrowler 268 which lost 600 to 800rpms spool up but gained double on the mid and top end almost 60hp and I can rev to almost 9000rpms now. They make good power from 4500 to 8500. I was making 340 hp @14psi w/1J cams to now 440hp w/268 cams with the same boost.
You planning on selling those nice MKIV Supra 2JZ machined cams???

·
Registered
6,255 Posts
Thanks for the info.

So if I just running the stock 1jz ecu now, will it be able for the engine to run smooth and still get the power? By the way I'm trying to go single turbo now.

Thanks
Absolutely! I'm still running the 2J cams and I love them.

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
I was really hoping someone did this with the same car and setup . I have Aristo cams and i've been on the fence about putting them in. Any dyno results to compare ? Nice numbers btw :thumbsup:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts