Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a poll set up here.

http://www.celicasupra.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2050

i have been conversing with a guy that sells ss valves for lots of engines. i was asking about a set for the 5m. most of his valves are 1mm oversized so these prolly would be too. they would prolly be ~$120 for the set. if interested lmk so i can see how large the demand would be.
william

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
i would definatly be interested.. would that be both intake and exhaust?

·
Registered
15,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well, got some bad news. if the valves havent been produced before it could take over a year to get them done as he would have to send specs, have the prtottype built, check it, and give the ok, then theyd have to be tested to the company that makes thems standards, etc... however he said he will look into it and see if they had been produced before. if so he may be able to buy the overstock. the $120 would be for 6 intake and 6 exhaust stainless steel valves. stainles steel valves can withstand more heat and also, the stem has been machined near the head for more flow.(i forget the term for what has been done) also, the 1mm oversize will allow more flow as well. ill keep everyone updated on what he finds. looks like i should have waited another day before i started the poll but i got excited when i found a supplier with reasonable prices. so when i find something out, so will everyone else.
william

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
actually come to think of it.. didnt toyosport have some 1mm oversised valves at one time?? maybe we need to call to check surplus??

1 - 5 of 5 Posts