Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I haven't really been acting stupid since my car got repaired and I finally got with my girlfriend (she keeps telling me she dont want to lose me), so i been taking it easy a lot lately, but my dad called me and told me to drop a tool off at his job in Duluth for him, so i got in my car and hopped on the highway.It was a nice little 20 mile drive to get to him. I went into the shop gave him the tool, then said bye. I got back in my car and got back on the highway to take the trip back home.

On 85, the speed limit is 65 so usually everyone runs 80, but for some reason in all 6 lanes not including the HOV lane, there were 6 cars that just decided they wanted to do the speed limit beside each other today, wtf :32: .

So i stayed behind and waited for an opening, but all of a sudden, a Jetta ran up on me, flashed his headlights, jumped in the HOV and passed the cars, and as it passed I looked at it and saw 2.0, then I thought about it. Up north, The German car scene is huge, especially V Dubs. so i know a little about them and that jetta said 2.0. We call those 2 . slows up, so what the heck is that thing doing passing me, so I jumped in the HOV to pass the rolling block and went in pursuit, but my girl was still in my head so i couldnt put my foot all the way down, but still, the car came to life in an instant, something it hasn't done in a long time. It felt more powerful than it has been too because with me not putting my foot down, the car ran 115-120 with ease, so when i started to run down the Jetta, he decided he should try and open it up, so his car got kinda loud (not very) but from how quick he got up to speed, that wasnt a normal 2.slow, with me easing on the gas and him trying to run away, we danced through traffic. it was about 12:30- 1:00PM so traffic was pretty spaced out and we just flew. It was the most fun I had in a long time but I couldn't stop letting off because my girl was still in my head, but every time I let off, the Jetta waited for me like he wanted me to follow so I would ease on it a little and our cars continued to glide down the highway, but after 8 miles of us enjoying each others company, i noticed my exit was coming in 2 more miles, so I took a breath and was able to set aside the thoughts of my female companion for a while, and I finally put my foot down. Instantly, the needle went from 120 to over 125 and I walked past the Jetta like he didn't even exist then after I saw his car start to fade in my rear view I let off and dropped back to 80. He caught up and looked at the car, then I waived as i merged to switch highways. He waived back and we split as went on on our separate journeys. for the last 10 miles of the drive, I felt somehow calmer, like I stayed in the second to left most lane and kept it at about 70. I couldn't help but wonder what was done to that Jetta because I have never seen an actually quick 2.0. New Day, New Experience I Guess

·
Registered
482 Posts
I jumped in the HOV to pass the rolling block and went in pursuit, but my girl was still in my head so i couldnt put my foot all the way down...
lmao AWESOME! nice kill but thanks for the laugh

1 - 2 of 2 Posts