Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
POTATO
17,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pontiac 6000 S/E 2.8 MPI doesn't hold a light to the I6. don't know the HP or any specs, just that it only sees Supr4a taillighgts. Curious on wanting to race Gramps new '85 Firebird 2.8, should be just as edible ;)

·
Registered
7,111 Posts
Good kill

I have a firend that has one of those Pontiac 6000 SE. I raced him with my old (RIP) Blue 83 Auto all stock, and I kicked his ass :twisted: . Now, he comes to me and says he got new higher compression pistons and some cams Blah, Blah, Blah we'll see what happens now with my White 6MGE

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Malloy said:
You need to look out for those 2.8l 15degree V6 VWs :twisted:
Yeah, especially if Malloy is behind the wheel. He likes to talk on his cellphone and put on makeup while steering with his knees...

:doh:

·
Registered
7,111 Posts
SupraRacer007 said:
Malloy said:
You need to look out for those 2.8l 15degree V6 VWs :twisted:
Yeah, especially if Malloy is behind the wheel. He likes to talk on his cellphone and put on makeup while steering with his knees...

:doh:

LOL :clap: :dancin: :rotfl:
I see people bitch and bitch and bitch about getting their own section. Maybe we should add a "Pick on Malloy section" :wink: :pray:

·
Registered
655 Posts
re: domestic v6s

GM and Ford V6s (2.8L, 3.1L, 3.3L and even some of the 3.8L V6s) can't hold a candle to our 2.8 inline 6s (both in performance or elegance). This is based on a bunch of old car mags I have comparing the two, plus a couple of personal kills involving V6 Camaros, Olds Cutlas' and a few of Fords products.

Sonny

·
Registered
3,433 Posts
old camaros won't even race me, except if you get maybe a new driver and thinks his car is hot shit....lol

·
Registered
67 Posts
I 2nd that!

I can certainly 2nd that 5MGE can whoop the V6 NA GM cars...

·
Registered
4,558 Posts
lol, seen a couple grand ams with low end badging running around town, but theyve had the series 2 3800 supercharged engine put in...
if you hear any GM driving around wailing like its got spun belts... dont mess with it, lol

my friend let me drive his 84 and we decided to try one of those grand ams... i thought harmless lil four door, older (89ish) grand am, non GTP version, didnt sound like anything special, no problem.

light goes green, i pull a nose right off the line, then all im seeing are tailights... i thought i stalled it at first, thats how hard that grand am launched.

we caught up about a block later and this guys smirking and smiling and its about then that i heard the supercharger....
stopped and talked with the guy, he and his friends are doing 3 of those swaps, dropping the series2 3800 into anything with a big enough engine bay.

·
Registered
655 Posts
re:

Ya, we have a couple of those 3.8L Supercharged Grand Ams running around here too (Ottawa). Not sure how fast they are in the 1/4 mile, but I'm sure it's pretty decent.

Sonny

·
Registered
8 Posts
the commodores and the fords are pretty quick, ithink they are pretty heavy though.... im waiting till i have enough money for my supra.....bye bye GM :twisted:

- Owen

·
Registered
351 Posts
GM 2.8 V6s of the 80s are the worst abomination to the bowtie ever invented. less sack than a neutered cat doesn't even begin to describe them.

·
Registered
790 Posts
I don't know, the I4 Firebirds are pretty sad. All the weight of an F-body, all the power of a Metro (serisouly, they are rated at 88 HP!). Has to be the worst case of a car that can't back up its image ever.

·
Registered
351 Posts
I dunno, Mike. I've driven 2.8 powered vehicles, and I think a decent 4 banger has more oomph....saddest thing ever. Road tripped to Canada in one, i thought we were going to have to stop and give it CPR! how's the engine project coming?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts