9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Name: Tom
Cell #: 954 494 9426
Email: [email protected]
Pm: Y
Price: $400

Features, improvements, upgrades:

I have a complete body wire harness from my 83 Supra which was modified by Toyomoto racing for the 7M-GTE engine swap. It is complete (even includes a tach adaptor) plug and play..no wiring required. Price is $400 firm. Free shipping in continental US. You can swap this in or pull off what you need and add to your harness.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I didnt find a way to upload a picture...only provide me withs means to specify URL which I dont have...pic is on my hard drive. I will send to your email address..

Tom

·
Registered
8 Posts
Should work with 87-92 7M-GTE computers
Bullshit :mfinger::32: Different ECU's = different plugs. Different years = different plugs.

That mess doesn't show a damn thing pertinant to a 7m install. Just a bundle of wires, that could be from anything.

Admit it.

You don't know what you have.

You gave up on the project or lost your car over the project or your wife ?

You don't kniow what you have.

More - Better information on that MESS !!!! And, Pics of all pertinant plugs for confirmation of year.

Or

Spend eternity with me, and be stuck with that pile of wires for that same eternity. :naughty:

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
I like linguine.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It ran perfect with an 87 7MGTE computer and Tom Tec board....I still have that. Project was finished and then I decided to go to 2jz and powerglide...this is in process...about 75% done. I can send more pics but this site is not allowing me to post pics yet....

·
Registered
906 Posts
It ran perfect with an 87 7MGTE computer and Tom Tec board....I still have that. Project was finished and then I decided to go to 2jz and powerglide...this is in process...about 75% done. I can send more pics but this site is not allowing me to post pics yet....
That is information people need. Basicaly, you have an 83 chassis harness set up for an 87/8 7mgte. Very small group of people to sell to, being an 83 only harness.

Pics = get a photbucket account, they are free, and have links you can copy/paste.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That is information people need. Basicaly, you have an 83 chassis harness set up for an 87/8 7mgte. Very small group of people to sell to, being an 83 only harness.
ar
Pics = get a photbucket account, they are free, and have links you can copy/paste.
This harness works for both 82 & 83 MkIII manual transmission. I know 87 & 88 7MGTE computers work for sure. Dont know for sure if it will plug into later model cpu...I will try to upload pics of that part...

·
Registered
906 Posts
This harness works for both 82 & 83 MkIII manual transmission. I know 87 & 88 7MGTE computers work for sure. Dont know for sure if it will plug into later model cpu...I will try to upload pics of that part...
LOL .... 82/3 chassis harness are a bit different.

I won't go into anymore detail except to say ..............

I've wired more 7mgte swaps, than any other person I'm aware of. I know, just a little, about that which I speak.

Edit --- For clarification --- Look up username ---- Junkie :D --- I am he, and killed the username for personal reasons. Do a little reading, before you continue your argument .

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
LOL .... 82/3 chassis harness are a bit different.

I won't go into anymore detail except to say ..............

I've wired more 7mgte swaps, than any other person I'm aware of. I know, just a little, about that which I speak.

Edit --- For clarification --- Look up username ---- Junkie :D --- I am he, and killed the username for personal reasons. Do a little reading, before you continue your argument .
Strange...I have heard for the longest time that 82-83 electricals are the same and differ from 84-85. Swap kit from Reg Reimer works for 82-83 the same. So I guess the differences dont impact the 7MGTE conversion. In any case one should be able to unsplice the pertinent cables/connectors from mines and splice onto their chassis harness.....

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Here a pic of my modified 87 ecu...this was optimized for 550cc injectors & lexus AFM with custom programmed tec tom board

·
Registered
906 Posts
Strange...I have heard for the longest time that 82-83 electricals are the same and differ from 84-85. Swap kit from Reg Reimer works for 82-83 the same. So I guess the differences dont impact the 7MGTE conversion. In any case one should be able to unsplice the pertinent cables/connectors from mines and splice onto their chassis harness.....
While you are correct, that what you have -- may -- work in an 82, anyone telling you electricals are/were the same for 82/3 needs to not be talking about what they do not know.

Because I can't see your pic, and don't know how the harness is modified, I'd venture a guess, that yes, it probably will "work" in an 82.

I will say, changing all that crap would be a nightmare. That's one of the reasons, several of us found ways to make it less dramatic then Reg's way.

Also, this "could be" an excellent buy, for someone with more time/patience, than money. Prices vary here, depending on who you have build the sub/connecting harness' offered. Tehn again, those prices vary, on what is actualy done --- ie. -- how many extra idle ups are added, vs. just making the swap run.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
While you are correct, that what you have -- may -- work in an 82, anyone telling you electricals are/were the same for 82/3 needs to not be talking about what they do not know.

Because I can't see your pic, and don't know how the harness is modified, I'd venture a guess, that yes, it probably will "work" in an 82.

I will say, changing all that crap would be a nightmare. That's one of the reasons, several of us found ways to make it less dramatic then Reg's way.

Also, this "could be" an excellent buy, for someone with more time/patience, than money. Prices vary here, depending on who you have build the sub/connecting harness' offered. Tehn again, those prices vary, on what is actualy done --- ie. -- how many extra idle ups are added, vs. just making the swap run.
I think I would rather disconnect and reconnect. Pulling the chassis harness is no fun...anyway everything works with this harness...even the tach..see tach adaptor circuit below..

1 - 20 of 20 Posts