Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im soon to be starting my engine swap with my 83 supra. Taking the 7MGE out of it and putting it to another 83 supra, way better condition.
I was wondering what mod is best to buy with that $200.
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Oil filter relocation and fuel filter relocation. Not a big performance mod, will definitely make it easier to reach them two.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
what engine swap are you doing.

engine mounts
intercooler
radiator
I'm taking a 7mge from one mm2 supra to another. The swap was done but the body has got bad cancer so I found a parts car for $400 with a blown engine but it's got minimal rust and the interior is pretty clean.

And the usual maintence stuff sounds like the best thing to do.
I also think I need to change the transmission bushings, cause the gears are all there, and work well. But it's hard tofind them and the shifter is all sloppy lol.
Thanks for the help again guys.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
SHIFTGASM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So much praise about that but everytime someone checks out my car they not that the shifter is still tight, so I haven't yet gotten a shiftgasm.

An extra $200 huh?

I like the sound of the relocations.

If you REALLy don't know what you should buy with the $200, maybe save it while doing the swap, and if anything comes up, well you've got $200 haha.

·
Registered
90 Posts
lol I'll burn through 200 bucks on a new (to me) car in replaceable parts like blades and pads and filters and gear oils and gaskets and bulbs and grease and headlights and a cracked lense and missing screws and shit to clean your car up all nice yada yada...

on an off note what are your plans for the wiring? If this is the supra i know then the wiring was done by a friend of the guy you bought it from, maybe you could get his help again, or pay him.. shouldn't be too too bad though as its an 83 > 83. meh food for thought.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts