Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all! i just joined, but i probably should have long ago, because this place seems to be a trove of useful stuff. hopefully i'm in the right area...

here's my story: i recently bought a 2002 celica GT [to replace my 1995 celica GT that was hit by a taxi]. everything's running fine except that somehow the idle air control connector on the engine wiring harness is completely trashed. what this means currently is that the check engine light is on, and therefore it won't pass inspection.

my inclination is to just scrounge one up from a salvage yard, since i'm cheap and i really only need the one connector, not the entire harness. there are none in my area [DC] that have anything, but i do have a lead on one up in pennsylvania. however, the yard doesn't know what it's looking for because the car they have had its engine pulled, meaning they just have hanging cables with no reference.

so my question is: does anyone have a photo of the actual connector that they can upload onto here so that i can send it along to the yard so they can snag it for me?

by they way, if anyone has any better ideas, i'm all ears! thank you in advance!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
i just realized this is in the wrong section, and i can't figure out how to delete it. can i request a move to the general tech section:?

·
Registered
5,448 Posts
I wouldn't exactly worry about that, since you are in the wrong forum also. There may be a few people on here that can help you, but the main focus are Supra's and a few RWD Celica's, yours is neither.

·
Premium Member
5,617 Posts
My Daily Driver is a 2000 Celica GTS but there's no way I'm getting out in this weather to take some pictures under the hood. Two different engines though, your GT would have the 1zz-fe and my GT-S has the Yamaha 2zz-ge so I probably wouldn't be any help anyway.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts