Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tell me why I shouldn't buy one of these....please !!!

Test drove a black XLT today....absolutely loved the little bugger ! I would have thought it would get a bit better gas millage though 22-25, should have been a diesel with manual tranny....oh well, still cool in its own little dorky way.

Getting sick of my 23year old toyota vanwagon race rig, not sure when it might give up.......

Ford Transit Connect:::

·
Premium Member
1,013 Posts
Looks pretty wild, kinda van-wagonish

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
havn't seen one with the windows behind the slider doors,,,or the wheels shown.

This one is production::.....my daughter just said to me, why would you buy that thing, aren't there other new suv's you would rather have..:zzzzz:

is that in production garb?

looks badazz

·
Registered
304 Posts
Tell me why I shouldn't buy one of these....please !!!

Because they cost too much! I thought these might be kind of cool to haul around some of my smaller old motorcycles or my scooter. But, being the thrifty Scotsman I am, I'll wait 5 years or so, by which time they'll be going for about $5 or $6k. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
697 Posts
1 it's a Ford, 2 it's a Ford, 3 it's a Ford, 4 they smell really bad inside when new. But if you can get over all that, go for it. I have to admit they are a weird yet catchy looking thing. But I take pictures of those when they are new for dealers and I cannot stand the way they smell inside when new. It isn't that nice new car smell that is for sure. But for what you want it for it seems to fit the bill great.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
^...oh my god, you are so correct. I thought the thing smelled like ASS !! WTF.......they must burn TURKEY shit for the first tank.
Wife wanted to puke !!

Ha Ha,,,,that will be the best reason...ITS A FORD

·
Premium Member
6,133 Posts
I drive one of those every day for work. Get (or wait for)ABS, AWD, and the highest performing engine you can. MPG is 25 real world, And I drive 90% freeway. Weight of the van body overwhelms Ford Focus drivetrain. The auto in mine downshifts on Freeway, at a steady cruise, If someone farts in front of me. A fully outfitted one(Mine is delivery style completely stripped and still 3600lbs)is gonna weigh 4200+lbs. FWD advantages are useless when most of weight is over REAR wheels. No traction on uphill/wet surfaces. Etc. And, Oh damn, you are right about smell!!!!!!! Truck of the Year my ASS.

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
Cousin looked at one and was appalled. Way too much price for way too little van/truck. And as stated the the gas milage isn't great.

·
Registered
379 Posts
cosworth powered transit. (ford isn't that bad compared to the other "american" brands)

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I totally agree......:thumbsup:

ford isn't that bad compared to the other "american" brands
I asked a Random Ford dealer about the ass smell in the van's, this is there response....LOL !!!

Good morning, thats funny you said that it smelled, I just read an article on AOL about the connect, and YES they used a chemical on the interior that is causing a funky smell...they are trying to fix the problem, however it was a top seller last year for the size ( great for small business) and the gas saving (but powerful) engine. I would have to say come on in and buy one...they make "special" scent bombs that we can put in there to reduce or hopefully eliminate the smell. We have "Connects" in a few different colors...love the red! Give us a call anytime, we will "bomb" one up for your test drive!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts