Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Decided it was time to retire my 2005 Toyota Corolla S 5 speed as my daily driver and get something a little newer/nicer. Corolla will still be in the family as my oldest is 14 and will soon be driving. Before looking I setup my criteria to figure out what to look for. Had to be a Toyota brand, manual trans, and something I could do a few mods too but keep it as a daily and not go down a rabbit hole. With the manual trans that really left me with 3 options - FRS/86, tC or Corolla. The FRS/86 would easily take me down a rabbit hole so it was out. The Corolla was just something I didn't want another of. They aren't bad cars but I wanted something a little more sporty. That left the tC as really my only option. A second gen was what I was looking for (2011-2016). From research the 2014-2016 looked better to me so that is what I was focused on. Found a few out there and surprising not as many with mods as I expected. Still quite a few that were beat up more than they should have. I finally found an absolutely red 2014 6 speed with 80K miles, in great shape and good price. The dealer kept calling it a Monogram series but there isn't one option from that series on this car so not sure they knew what they were talking about. A few small rock chips on the hood but otherwise clean! Plans are to put on a mild exhaust (most likely just an axle back), rear sway bar, summer set of wheels and tires. Will likely take it to autocross and/or track day every now and then when the Supra isn't running.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts