Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
GAH. When I so emphatically declared I'd be there a week ago, there wasn't an 80% chance of heavy rain on Saturday according to the NWS. This is some crap. My colander-mobile and heavy rain makes for a bad combo in my experience. I'm not bailing yet, but I am reneging on my assured attendance. This sucks :sadbanana:

·
Registered
5,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
GAH. When I so emphatically declared I'd be there a week ago, there wasn't an 80% chance of heavy rain on Saturday according to the NWS. This is some crap. My colander-mobile and heavy rain makes for a bad combo in my experience. I'm not bailing yet, but I am reneging on my assured attendance. This sucks :sadbanana:

Im hoping it's not going to rain, or atleast slack off for a bit. I'm still going to go down there in case people decide to show up though. I'm still going to be making hotdogs. If I make too many I'll just bring them home lol

·
Registered
552 Posts
I'll be there. I hope the rain isn't that bad. Not like we are riding the Dragon or anything...

The place does have a pavilion So with hopes of a few breaks in the rain we should be fine.

Duane

·
Registered
612 Posts
Bad news. My wife's car was rear ended and most likely totaled Monday. Too much going on to be able to come by. Maybe next time.

-John

·
Registered
552 Posts
Wow! I see what you mean by the "Heavy Rain". We could meet at a Sonic with a cover lol. Let's keep an eye on it and this is Georgia so just break out your role of duct tape and plug the colander holes!

John that sucks man. I hope she is ok see you next time.

Duane

·
Registered
126 Posts
It's not just the being there, it's the getting there as well. I've seen your build thread, I know you've fixed up your car, but I haven't done the same to mine lol.
Also not to mention that 1) I'd be late anyways regardless of the weather, 2) the NWS is now saying "Saturday - Rain. The rain could be heavy at times. Patchy fog before 3pm. High near 62. Northeast wind around 11 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New precipitation amounts between 3 and 4 inches possible." Yup. Don't count on me being there.

·
Registered
552 Posts
It looks like rain will be off and on I'm going. I'll see anyone there that shows up.

Duane

21 - 27 of 27 Posts