Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner
41 - 60 of 60 Posts
Anyone else heading west on I-40 through ~Hickory NC on Thursday mid-morning and want to hook up to caravan in to the resort?

--billyM
If you get delayed for any reason, I'm leaving from Hickory Airport at 2:45pm on Thursday headed west on I-40.

Jeff

Anyone else heading west on I-40 through ~Hickory NC on Thursday mid-morning and want to hook up to caravan in to the resort?

--billyM
We'll be passing through Hickory on our way from the coast but the timing probably won't work out. Mapquest says 6 hours to get there from Nags Head and we won't be leaving until 7:30 ish. Catch up with you at Fontana.

How long of a drive from Hickory to Fontana? Only one way to get there?

We'll be passing through Hickory on our way from the coast but the timing probably won't work out. Mapquest says 6 hours to get there from Nags Head and we won't be leaving until 7:30 ish. Catch up with you at Fontana.

How long of a drive from Hickory to Fontana? Only one way to get there?
Vic,

About 3.5 hours to Fontana from Hickory. I-40 to US 74 best route. Can't remember
the number of the two laner you take off of US74 just beyond Bryson City. But the signs
are good. You won't miss it.

Jeff

Well, I hope everyone made it home safely. It was an eventful meet, but I had a great time! Let us know the date for next year when you can Billy.
See you in August in Toronto Chadrick :)!

Thanks for another great event Billy and the cool tumbler. This was a long trip - we logged over 2,500 miles this past week! No more driving for me for a while. Great seeing everyone again and hopefully will meet up with many of you in Toronto this summer.

Head gasket is going bad, and I didn't want to chance it driving it all the way home. We stopped over night in Roanoke, VA and trailered it home from there.
#mk3problems

Great to see you Joe. Glad you made it home. Had a great time!!

41 - 60 of 60 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.