Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

41 - 60 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
13,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
I just spoke with the guest services folks to make sure everything was ready for this year and they said the grill has a new brick pizza oven and their new pizza offerings are phenomenal!

Wooohoo!

--billyM

·
Registered
48 Posts
Anyone else heading west on I-40 through ~Hickory NC on Thursday mid-morning and want to hook up to caravan in to the resort?

--billyM
If you get delayed for any reason, I'm leaving from Hickory Airport at 2:45pm on Thursday headed west on I-40.

Jeff

·
Registered
159 Posts
Anyone else heading west on I-40 through ~Hickory NC on Thursday mid-morning and want to hook up to caravan in to the resort?

--billyM
We'll be passing through Hickory on our way from the coast but the timing probably won't work out. Mapquest says 6 hours to get there from Nags Head and we won't be leaving until 7:30 ish. Catch up with you at Fontana.

How long of a drive from Hickory to Fontana? Only one way to get there?

·
Registered
48 Posts
We'll be passing through Hickory on our way from the coast but the timing probably won't work out. Mapquest says 6 hours to get there from Nags Head and we won't be leaving until 7:30 ish. Catch up with you at Fontana.

How long of a drive from Hickory to Fontana? Only one way to get there?
Vic,

About 3.5 hours to Fontana from Hickory. I-40 to US 74 best route. Can't remember
the number of the two laner you take off of US74 just beyond Bryson City. But the signs
are good. You won't miss it.

Jeff

·
Registered
159 Posts
Well, I hope everyone made it home safely. It was an eventful meet, but I had a great time! Let us know the date for next year when you can Billy.
See you in August in Toronto Chadrick :)!

Thanks for another great event Billy and the cool tumbler. This was a long trip - we logged over 2,500 miles this past week! No more driving for me for a while. Great seeing everyone again and hopefully will meet up with many of you in Toronto this summer.

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
Head gasket is going bad, and I didn't want to chance it driving it all the way home. We stopped over night in Roanoke, VA and trailered it home from there.
#mk3problems

Great to see you Joe. Glad you made it home. Had a great time!!

41 - 60 of 60 Posts