Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
599 Posts
Wondering when someone might post up Eric's Ebay Auction.
Bad timing for me, I would love to have that car in the collection.

·
Premium Member
7,186 Posts
Looks like he is moving x-country and its too hard to bring the car. I think he wants an '85 or '86 ;)

·
Registered
622 Posts
If its a red 20k miler I saw it and was like...... hey I have pics of that car. Then I knew a forum member was selling, damn supra's on ebay go for decent $$.

·
Premium Member
7,186 Posts
If its a red 20k miler I saw it and was like...... hey I have pics of that car. Then I knew a forum member was selling, damn supra's on ebay go for decent $$.
I think the highest $$$, stock mk2, ACTUAL SALE was less than $15k and the car had under 10k miles.

·
Boost-a-holic
2,560 Posts
Wow...that car is sweet. I can only speak for myself but I wouldn't part with it. He could ship it x-country for $750 or so.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Eric,
you will never see another car like this.......don't sell it man, don't do it. I sold a few cars last summer that I am regretting to this day...hurts my heart to think about em...........( I am aware of my problem !! )

<YELLING>------------> KEEP THE CAR DUDE, THAT THING WILL STAY PRISTINE WHERE YOU ARE GOING, BESIDES YOU WILL BE ABLE TO DRIVE IT ALL YEAR ! <-------------<YELLING/>

At least for another 60 day's......wink, wink

P.S.
I think the car is much nicer than what the auction reflects.

·
Registered
434 Posts
PLUS 100 on not selling the car i'm from where this car was purchased and there's not one like that rolling around here anymore i can promise you that.

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
Guys, I was afraid of when this would pop up here. I set the reserve at basically what I have into it which I will tell everyone is 12.5 so if that's flipping I guess I'm guilty of it. I didn't put it up for sale here because we are all bargain Supra shoppers, I still say these cars have not come even close to having their day yet.

It's just too much money into too many things/toys and we are moving a long ways and trying to downsize the things in our life while hopefully having another kid. I'm a little torn because this thing really is a dream car.

Transporting it is one thing, keeping it cherry out there is another. We don't have a place lined up yet and we are putting our house here in Cincy on the market this weekend. I extended myself a little to buy this car this summer becasue I just could not pass on it when I saw it. If it doesn't sell maybe it is meant to be with me and I'll suck it up and try and figure out a way to keep it. We will see...

·
Registered
304 Posts
Man, I hate to pile on when your life is in transition like this, but YOU WILL regret this big-time someday, you just don't realize it yet.

At one time I owned just about the nicest Honda Hawk GT650 (motorcycle) out there, super low-miles (2800), literally perfect condition, and sold it because I wasn't using it due to working out on the road so much. I had even bought it for the bargain price of $2400, because they weren't really collectible yet. Long story short, everytime I'd see one for sale over the next fifteen years, I'd click the back-button or turn the page trying to ignore it. I finally quit fighting it and found and bought another Hawk, still pretty nice, but not quite like that first one I had.

I could be wrong, maybe you are truly at peace with this, but the thing you seem to be discounting is how you will feel 5 years or 10 years from now when you realize you let go of the last best one out there...

Either way, I appreciate you 'manning-up' to the abuse you knew you'd be getting here on CS.com...

Good luck with your future endeavors.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Hate to see this. And I was just getting used to seeing you alot more.
Hope wherever life is taking you continues to be positive!
Good luck, and I know you will stay in touch with CS.com in any case.

·
Premium Member
7,186 Posts
I'm honestly surprised you didn't offer it here 1st. There are some players on here with $ looking for *the* car. Either way, good luck with the sale :)

1 - 20 of 53 Posts