Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all; I have a questions regarding injectors. Specifically would 210cc injectors benefit a NA MKII. I have (or will have after the rebuild) light mods including Open element k&n, electric fan, and 2.5" exhaust from cat back. Looking into an intake pipe as well. Would 210cc injectors benefit me with this setup and if so would I need to mod the fuel system/ ignition system in order to take adavantage of the 210s? Thanks for any input.

Jason B '85 P type

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
I had a similar setup on my MkII and the stock injectors worked fine for me.

I think you only need to worry about different injectors when you turbo the 5M-GE.

·
Super Moderator
8,413 Posts
I assume this is on a 5M? If so for those level of mods you should have no need for them. The 210 cc injector are a good upgrade on NA 6Ms when you have an wide array of mods. The true way to check this is if you have a A/F gauge or dyno with a wide band sensor. If you see leaning out at high RPMs its time for a fuel system upgrade.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes this is a 5M. Sounds like I will be fine with the stock injectors for now. I have been thinking of getting an A/F meter to help me mess around with the airbox mod (how many ticks to change it). I am going to do a light p&p on my head also when I have it off next week so the A/F meter should be valuable afterwards.
Later - Jason B '85 P and stock injectors

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
A/F meters are usually a waste of time.

If anything you want something like the FJO wideband with datalogging so that you can take a look at what's going on with some kind of accuracy.

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Kinda of a late post here..but relevant none the less.

A buddy of mine has a moderately modded 5M, with the 210's in it..and was running low 15's.... He took the 210's out and put in a set of 182's... and ran a 14.8.

Just goes to show, bigger is not always better. Make sure you need the fuel before you add it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts