·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gasket? Order Number: 2829‏

Sent: December 27, 2009 9:42:06 PM
To: Robert Pina ([email protected])

Hi Robert,

I ordered a cometic gasket from you on December 5th. On the 18th you sent me an email saying that it was in your possession. Has it been shipped out yet and if so when can I expect it to arrive? I had asked that it be sent out with a tracking number and insured. Was this done?

I've found the whole process of ordering from you rather frustrating as you were very quick to answer my questions prior to me paying you, but it seems that once you were paid, that you were not very communicative, and by not communicative, I mean ignoring emails and not picking up phone calls. A little communication goes a long way..

When the order was placed I let you know that I needed the gasket right away, Ive been waiting with the head off of my motor for 3 weeks now for this gasket. I ordered a gasket different from what I wanted because I was under the understanding that if I ordered a custom gasket I would have to wait 2 weeks to get it shipped from the supplier to you. I suppose that I made a mistake in assuming you had the other gasket in stock. You did not communicate with me that you were waiting for it from the supplier during the numerous times I was asking you for updates, and you have yet to let me know if it has even been shipped. Had I known that you did not have it in stock I would have either ordered the gasket that I originally wanted, or tried to track down someone with it in stock or looked at an option of shipping that did not involve waiting 2 weeks for it be sent from the states...

Let me know if I am out of line with any of this or if my expectation of ordering something from you, getting status updates on the order and getting it in less than a month are unrealistic.

Nick

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Have you shipped the gasket out yet? I don't understand why you got it on the 18th and it just sat with you for the last 12 days. Is there some sort of hold up I am unaware of?

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Hold Up = 935 :SM130 (1):

If this guy spent some cash and started stocking the stuff he sold he may be a stand up guy. After a few years the profit should cover some stock.

Wish he would get it together, I could use some new stuff.

Robert, Why a weekly thread???

Find new suppliers man.

All of us here on this forum depend on you because finding aftermarket stuff for our cars are a pain and your one of the vendors that carrys some really good parts.

Please Get It Together Robert!!!!

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
Wish he would get it together, I could use some new stuff.

Robert, Why a weekly thread???

Find new suppliers man.
I have to agree

Robert this isnt meant to be mean or anything but you do need new suppliers or whatever is going on.
plus i need about $1000 worth of parts and im too nervous to order them from you..
you cant blaim me right? and i think i can speak for alot of forum members when i say that.

all of us here on this forum depend on you because finding aftermarket stuff for our cars are a pain and your one of the vendors that carrys some really good parts.

·
Registered
3,834 Posts
From what I have gathered, I was incorrect.

The gasket that came in was for an order prior. I have re-ordered a new one. He may or may not want it at this point.

It's hard to figure out what to keep in stock. I used to keep 2 MHG and 2 ARP studs in stock at all times. I stressed out every day because nobody was ordering them, so I stopped stocking them.

I've been keeping other stuff like brake pads and belts in stock, which are not selling.

Now, recently, MHGs have picked up again. I've seen that MHG can be a real pain the **** if you have to wait a long time for it. So I have to re-think my strategy.

I'm sorry to Nick, I was wrong in my email. I can only offer express shipping at my expense. However, the holiday is really going to mess that up for this week. I'm going to do a last ditch effort to see if ANYONE is alive on new years eve to get something out for me. Let's hope someone is working :)

Moonpie, it's easy. Do a COD order. I offered COD a long time ago and nobody really has taken me up on it.

·
Registered
3,834 Posts
Moonpie, your questions are not appropriate for this thread. If you have questions, you know how to find me.

We are trying to get Nick what he needs, that should be the focus here.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Do a COD order. I offered COD a long time ago and nobody really has taken me up on it.
Ya know what, This isn't a bad Idea. I wasn't aware that you offered this service. That would add a bit of security to transactions. I do think a lot of people are nervous about transactions, and this may help.

I understand that its hard to predict what will sell and when, But if your drop shippers are unreliable it makes you look bad.

I am not trying to be a pain in your ass, but I am watching this from the outside.

I do appreciate our vendors, But lack of delivery is a killer.

As for COD.

COD is "Cash on Delivery". Bascally you pay the delivery guy.
Ya don't pay until ya recieve.

Robert, an explanaton wouldn't have hurt.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Blah.

I have to wait another three weeks for the gasket, two from the supplier to you and about a week or less from you to me? Well if that's the case, please order either one of the two gaskets listed below, as I only ordered the thinner gasket in the first place since I thought it would be faster.

C4278-060 Notes: 84MM BORE .060" MLS GASKET
C4278-065 Notes: 84MM BORE .065" MLS GASKET

(I think one of the two of those has been discontinued, that's why Ive listed two)

Would it be possible to have Cometic ship it directly to me to save time?

Your offer to expedite shipping is appreciated and does make me feel slightly better about this.

If the .060 or .065 is more money, that's fine, let me know and I will paypal you the difference.

At this point the biggest frustration is time.

I took the head off my car in December, and wanted to put it back together in December, not January or February. I guess the lesson here for me is to not start a project until I've sourced all of the parts...

I don't know the situation you are in. I ordered from you because I wanted to support a forum vendor. I do like the selection you offer and I hope things work out for you in the new year. From my experience with you, I would suggest you communicate more with your clients and make sure you are organized. Your clients might not want to hear that something has been back ordered or so on, but at least they know whats going on and are able to deal with the situation accordingly.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Did not realize you had reordered another gasket already. Was the gasket ordered today or yesterday? If so can you please change the order to what I have asked for in the thread above? If you ordered it a week or two ago, then that's fine, I'd rather have something now than wait any longer than I have to.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Have asked Robert to cancel my order.

I called up cometic and they are making the gasket in the size that I want and shipping out out either Thursday or Friday. I will likely see it early next week. That's service!

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hi Robert,

When can I expect to see the refund by?

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Confirmed. Was a little upset about how this worked out, but some things cant be helped. Thanks for the refund. Makes me a little less wary about dealing with you in future. Good luck with things.

·
Registered
3,834 Posts
I'm upset too because when given the chance (again), I did not perform. I was wrong about who had what gasket and I only ordered 1 gasket for 2 different people, I found.

I have learned from the experience though. It is really REALLY important, to have any metal head gasket on hand at all times. Not in a warehouse, not at your buddies house, but right there hanging on your wall.

A year ago, I had both 1.4 and 2.0 in stock. I stopped keeping them on hand due to the fact that they were not selling.

But, as far as importance goes, you still have to have some sort of head gasket solution ready. Because, when you need one, you really NEED it.

As I have repeated before, you were probably willing to pay the proper asking price, to have it in your hands immediately. I should have had it priced correctly, and on the shelf.

Either way, I'm glad you got what you needed. That is the most important thing.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts