Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Maybe later this summer.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
21 - 40 of 132 Posts

·
Registered
667 Posts
Count me in for one please. I been overheating in Fla for years with this problem. A gte fan helped a little.
What would be a good choice for electric fan to go with this rad?

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
They should be making up one in the next week or so.

It's basically a MK3 radiator, with none of the misc fan attachment points.

The MK3 has a slightly different offset for the upper inlet, about
an inch or so.

The nice thing about this rad is the tanks are stamped aluminum.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I was about to ask you about that... I was looking at the specs of both rads and they have almost the same specs and if this rad you are getting would be cheaper that the other aftermarket MK3 rad... I am in for one... I am gonna be using it for my upcoming turbo monster and would really help for more cooling on the system... LMK about pics and details when it would be available so that I can start saving some cash instead of still searching for a aftermarket rad

Jay

·
Registered
178 Posts
any updates on this or is it still going on? I don't have the money right now but I may be interested in a few months or so if they are able to be had without a group buy or with. I just took mine out today to clean it and the bottom fins are starting to rust out, should replace it sometime this year or something.

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
I'm hoping for some news in the next two weeks.

They are busy building Subuaroo radiators.

I don't know the price for the MK3 version, as it will
have mount points for the stock fan shroud.

Nothing tenative on using the stock shroud for the MK2.

One interesting note, is this is actually a 2" core radiator.

·
Registered
178 Posts
ugh yeah, speaking of radiators I just took mine out and cleaned it last week with an aircompressor. I think I blew out a bee that was plugging a hole cause now I have a leak :(. Leaks a good 5in wide puddle whenever I park it now. That's added to the pinhole I have on the top of the radiator.

I said before I'd be interested in a few months, but it's just changed to I'm interested now, lol.

fits over the stock fan right? won't have to buy anything else like an electric fan or something? (although I'd like to get one soon I don't want to spend the extra cash just now)

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
For those of you in need of a radiator NOW, then I suggest buying
a standard 2 core brass.

There are a few prototype aluminum radiators that will be made,
but actually group buy production will not occur until September.

This guy is booked with orders for both aluminum and brass rads,
and can't see daylight until summer is ending....

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Jim,
This sounds like a great item. I'm interested. Will these fit onto the stock rad saddles?

I took an IQ test and the results were negative.
Scott

·
Registered
67 Posts
Aluminum radiator

:D Jim,

I'm interested only if shipping doesn't cost me an arm and a leg. Please let me know when your got enough people together for the group buy.

Richard Lewis
85 P-type

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
Now that the hot weather is upon us even with a new rad and electric fans I can't run the A/C! I'm going to need one more than ever now. Any new news? :?:

·
Registered
36 Posts
If they become available before Vegas 2003 in October, definitely count me in. I'm in need of extra cooling before running the road course event. You know what, even if they aren't ready until after October, please count me in anyway. Thanks.

·
Boost-a-holic
2,560 Posts
I just caught wind of this thread. While I'm not having any cooling issues with my MkIIs, I'm looking down the road...may eventually do the 7M-GTE transplant on the Blupra and will need a beefier radiator. How much are we looking at for these, and will it fit right in to the stock mount points, allow for using a fan shroud, etc.?

Thanks...Bob

P.S. Got to hand it to Jim King for coming up with some great aftermarket parts!!

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
My project car is going to need a new radiator,... and she probably won't be ready before september :mad: so i'm interested,...

21 - 40 of 132 Posts