Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a set of 295cc (7MGE) and 440cc (7MGTE), both are low impediance.... has somebody used this injectors on there turbocharged 5M or 6M... I am using a HKS SAFR for this set up...

I have a 6MGTE.... CT26 Turbo, Ross 8.0:1 CR, HKS MHG, 7MGTE Rods, ARP studs/rods/mains, 3" DP and 3" exh, Walbro 255lph, AEM 1:1 FPR, MSD 6BTM w/ Blaster SS coil, MSD wires, ND PLatinums, HKS SAFR... I am planning to boost the car at about 14 psi...

can you pls help me.....

thanks

JAY

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Crocket said:
Are the 7M rods the same length as the 6M rods? I wasn't aware that you could swap one for the other.

Sonny
It is the same lenght rods... the difference between the 6M and 7MGTE is the rod dimensions.... they have the same lenght but the 7MGTE rods are hevier rods than the 6M....

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Eric (turbo85MkII) on this board is using 295's on his 6M-GTE, and has plenty of fuel at 9 PSI... his S-AFC is set negative all the way across the board as a matter of fact...

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
so you are saying that the 295cc is good already for 9psi but my target is 14psi of boost to run at the track I am planning to upgrade to a bigger turbo like a TO4R for some sesrious action and possibly a 30 shot NOS for spooling up the big TO4R....

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Well... lemme put it this way...

at 9 psi, Eric is LEANING his mixture with his S-AFC to run at a proper mixture...

I am planning on running 15 PSI with those same injectors... and expecting no problems..

EDIT: As for the N20... Use a wet system, even for a small system like a 30 shot. Don;t rely on your fuel computer to provide your fuel... Quickest way to waste the hard earned money you spent on building your motor...

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well about the NOS I have a guy who will make me a wet system for the supra for about $500 installed with everthing... I dont want to see the white smoke behind my Supra after the 1/4 mile... I already learned my lesson....

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Good plan. For what you are running, hi-po fuel pump and rrfpr, 295's will probably be good for 14 psi. I would recommend getting on the dyno and slowly turning up the boost to make sure you don't run too lean. The problem with the larger injectors is turning down the fuel enough at idle. Purchasing one of the MAF conversion kits from Split Second would help with this issue.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That is what I am gonna do once I get everything installed.... I will go to Abacus Racing to dyno my supra for the best set-up and adjustements on the HKS Super AFR.... I am hoping to make at least 300 rwhp for the Supra for the upcoming MIR...

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
As far as it goes with the MAF conversion. I'm gonna wait. Looking at the #'s from the dyno wasn't very encouraging to me. I think I'll let the 1 st 10 purchases o the product be the testers 4 this.
I'm sure that once the bugs are worked out (if ever), there will be alot of other supraholics that will go in on a group purchace.
later

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Purchasing one of the MAF conversion kits from Split Second would help with this issue.
Well about the MAF conversion.... I think it would be a good investment but I am gonna save my money for a stand alone system.... for $1100 for a SDS installed is what I am planning to run on my Supra

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
295cc???

i was just wondering how much everyone who has 295cc injectors with their turbo 5m is making on the horsepower and whats the max hp you can get with out changing to larger injectors.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts