Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how much horsepower can 295's help produce HP wise?? or is there anything else low resitance wise out there that would help... just asking before i buy to help along with my project.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
295cc are more than enough to run a CT-26 turbo set-up on 14psi. But you need a S-AFC to control due too big off an injector for the 5M ECU... rough idle and bug out....

If you are not planning to run mad boost, the 295cc w/ S-AFC will do. and also a RRFPR and fuel pump. and other supporting mods

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the whole reason im asking is i am starting off on the ct-26 then work my way bigger :D then BIGGER :shock: .. get the idea. :twisted: my plans are to make min 300hp when done with the car. that's why im asking...

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
so what kind of hp can 295's help support? why do i see listings for 440's and 550's?

·
Registered
216 Posts
Technically speaking the 295's should support about 360bhp at 80% duty cycles if working properly. This translates (worst case scenario) to like 300whp, but I would expect about 325-335whp in this case.

The 440's woudl be about 85bhp per injector translating to like 510bhp which woudl be maybe like 450-475whp.

I think Im doing this right anyhow. So The reason I think mostopt for the 295's is that they should theoretically be able to support a pretty good amount of power, and htey are much easier to tune wiht as opposed to the 440's or larger.

·
Registered
5 Posts
just to be clear the stock 5M injectors are 295cc and the 7MGTEs are 440cc?

i wonder because i put the 3.2Ohm turbo injectors in my 5m and i am having a few problems tuning it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
well i was just using my AFM and TPS. i also have a paxton rrfpr but after a few days of hopeless work i decided to put the non turbo injectors in. i just realized today that they are 295cc from an 87 NA. now the car run great. a little on the rich side but no black smoke.

and by the way 88 is the cut of year for 295cc. do u know what the 89-92 7M came with.

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
so why not find some higher low imp injectors higher than 295's.. the only reason im asking is because i wanna break 300+hp on forged internals. and with a ct-26 that is reemed out to the size of a t-04

·
Registered
216 Posts
Actually the 88+ Supra's are still low impedence injectors, they area rated at 315cc/min but are usually harder to find...

295cc-yellow top
315cc-lime green top ( I think :lol: )

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ahh so as long as i have the limegreen tops. and clips.. and make sure i dont run lean as $hit.. w/ help from AFC.. i should do fine?

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
how is the impediance measured anyway?? i just got to break 300hp on my 5mgte! looks like ill be going garret t04 family to do it!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts