Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
the idle is at 600-700 but i agree with the other remarks, 29k for a 83 does wonders for rad blockage. lol

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
Very nice!

Have to watch this one.

·
Registered
8,519 Posts
Interesting as its devoid of mudguards and stone shields... must be early in the 83 production stream.

It does have pwr antenna and headlamp washers proving it isnt an 82 listed wrong.

South Eastern distribution Hockey stripes imply the car has been "relocated".

Also interesting to see a Toyota dealer bothering to sell the car.

Slushbox is a buzzkill for me.l

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Im glad it's listed that high ! Maybe our cars are finally get some credit in the classic dept.

Good eye Greg ! I noticed the flaps were missing but figured it might have been a option in 83.I didn't realize just the early builds didn't have them. Tks ,learn something new every day .

Original hockey stickers ,,how cool is that ! That's gotta be worth 5K :laugh:

Nice car ,, hope it finds a good home ! On CS.COM :salute:

·
Registered
3,546 Posts
I agree about the repaint but maybe its the non fade possibility but some dealerships that are slow can do strange things to make money or even people but hey until i see it in person I really have no idea. Nice interior. Just have to hit A small lottery to add to the collection

·
Founding Member
6,341 Posts
With a starting bid of 11000+, their internet marketing salesperson must have just hired on last week as a new employee. No matter what you think the car is worth, you just don't do that, its poor auction practice, newbie mistake.

·
Registered
8,519 Posts
I dont know why you guys are suggesting repaint.... the stripes tell me its original.

Eric, the acquisition possibilites are endless, but Id put money on this car being in the dealership owners personal collection from day one.

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
Great find - Greg has some VG points - Yeah, way too high $$$ - hatch sticker is "Toyota Hollywood" ??? (clue) Nice hockey stripes - I'd take a auto in this condition. Hope we find-out the story here.

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
I spoke with the sales accosiate...the car is kept indoors, on the showroom floor actually. She thought they got in in from Massachusetts just a few days ago, they purchased it a few weeks ago and were waiting for it to arrive. Old guy had it, he dies and it's been with the wife and sons for a while. One of the sons facilitated the sale to this dealership. Sounds weird, but why would she make that up? Dunno, does this dealer sell old classic Toyotas on occasion?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts