Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cleaned/washed the engine bay for the first time since doing the swap about 7 years ago. Granted, I only drive about 1,500 miles per year but I find the top secret carbon hood lets in more dust than the OEM hood (for obvious reasons). Anyway, snapped a few pics of the heart:

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Your original rad able to do the job?
Even when opening the tap on the 2J?
The radiator is for a 7M-GTE; fits like a glove. Same for the 7M OEM fan shroud. Have never had a single issue keeping it cool...the fan shroud makes all the difference.

·
Whistles
1,052 Posts
I dig the color combo and nice to see a CF hood clear a single kit.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Design, style, hygiene. Clean, clean, clean.

Where did you get the strut tower bar?
Picked it up from George @RaptorRacing. He coordinated a group buy from Mitch, the designer of the bar, when he did the original carbon hood group buy. The Top secret hood interferes with other bars and this bar clears nicely.

·
Super Moderator
8,165 Posts
. ..the fan shroud makes all the difference.
I'd guess being in New Hampshire helps a lot as well... I know at least on my car the factory oil cooler and upgraded radiator are challenged when the temps get up around 110

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'd guess being in New Hampshire helps a lot as well... I know at least on my car the factory oil cooler and upgraded radiator are challenged when the temps get up around 110
Fair point indeed. Highest ambient temp I’ve driven in with no issues = 95 in stop/go traffic. But I only see temps like this maybe 5 days a year. ;-)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts