Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 308 Posts

·
Registered
3,965 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
ATTN: all photos can be found here until I can fix this bullshit photobucket problem.

http://s22.photobucket.com/user/MA61_Supra/library/2JZ-GE wiring diagram

Hey everyone this particular wiring diagram is currently working fine on my 1985 Celica Supra P-Type. Although is not guaranteed to be perfect, no problems have arisen yet.

Specs of donor car:

1994 Lexus GS300
2JZ-GE Automatic
xxxxxxxxxx miles ;)

IK1 and IK2 wiring explanation

Alright shall we? Let's start with the Large IK1/IK2 connector as it's probably the easiest.

Here is a pin-out listing what each pins function is. I have highlighted in Red the pins you'll need.

E3 EFI Main Relay B+ Black/Red (Main function(s) Idle Air Control)

F6 IG2 Relay Black/Orange (Main functions(s) Injectors and Ignitor/coil)

F9 water temp. sender Yellow/Green (Main function(s) Temperature display)

F12 tachometer IG- Black (Main Function(s) RPM display)

E3 and F6 need to be connected to a 12V power supply. I took the engine wiring harness apart and removed all the un needed automatic stuffs. At that time I also relocated wires E3 Black/Red and F6 Black/Orange . They were moved Closer to the Intake manifold so they would reach their respective plugs without adding extra wire.

E3 EFI Main Relay B+ Black/Red (Main function(s) Idle Air Control)

For E3 I used the power supply to the 5M-GE's Ignitor. Simply cut a good plug from a Ignitor and solder it to the Black/Red E3 wire. Plug it in and you will now have powered up your Idle air Control :good:.

F6 IG2 Relay Black/Orange (Main functions(s) Injectors and Ignitor/coil)

F6 utilizes the same concept, except we use the power supply to the 5M-GE's Resistor Pack. All you have to do is cut a good supply plug from a Resistor pack. Then solder it to the Black/Orange F6 wire. Once plugged in you'll have successfully powered up your Injectors and Ignitor/Coil :D.

F9 water temp. sender Yellow/Green (Main function(s) Temperature display)

F9 will be soldered into your/donor 5M-GE engine harness to body plug. Simply solder F9 Yellow/Green to the Yellow/Green wire of the body plug. Plug the two connectors together and you'll have a temp gauge ;).

F12 tachometer IG- Black (Main Function(s) RPM display)

F12 is probably the least fun as there is no easy way to do it. For you tach signal you must solder a good size (length not gauge) wire lead to the Black F12 wire. After that is done snake the wire through the dash and connect to the Black wire coming out of the Cluster. I used quick connectors for this job and it worked quite well.

No pictures..

*Note* I did not go into to much depth on this as there is a bit of disassembly to be done. Just the basics of what wire needs to go where and how.

Ok now that we have taken car of the IK1 and IK2 connectors we well move on to the ECU to Body plug wiring.

24-pin body plug/single 40-pin ecu plug

In order to retain the plug and play capability I took apart a 5M-GE ECU and removed the large 24-pin connector. Seen below assembled..

I have color coded for you what wire from the 2JZ-GE ECU needs to go to which pin on the connector. You simply must find the wire on the 2JZ-GE ECU and match it to the corresponding color for the pin. If needed I can post the Color of each wire.

2JZ-GE ECU pin-out

5M-GE ECU pin-out

Match the colors and you are set, once you have this done it should look something like this.

*note* the extra wires were de-pinned to give a clean look.

Plug it in and you'll have a working ECU set that will control the engine A ok :D

Now that last portion of the job... The starter wire, This is very easy!! You just use the Mk.II's stock starter circuit. In order to use it with the Lexus starter, you have to cut the signal wire from the 2JZ-GE engine harness. Then you will solder it on the Mk.II's stock signal wire. Plug it in!!

[img} pictures coming... [/img]

Fuel pump wiring, non accident safe quick wiring.. You just need to jump the Fuel pump check connector and the fuel pump will turn on anytime the key is in the on position.

I do have a accident safe solution, but haven't had time to buy and wire that pieces.

Tie up any other lose ends

Turn it over and wait for the music of the engine to start pouring over you.

BTW: Like Brain (Lacrussgus14) said, the 2JZ-GTE harness is the same. I'm confirming this through the wiring of a Aristo 2JZ-GTE and so far I've had no problems. So if a mod would like to change the title to 2JZ-GTE & 2JZ-GE PnP wiring guide, feel free. :D

Questions? Comments? post away!

Credits:

Kenny (sarinas_dragons) -- 2JZ-GE ECU pin-out
TSRM (cygnusx1.net) -- 5M-GE ECU pin-out
Punkra -- IK1 and IK2 pin-out
Brain (Lacrussgus14) -- Inspiration

and many other people I gathered info from

:good: thank you all

Now back to work on the 2JZ-GTE ;)

·
Registered
234 Posts
I don't need this as it's been done for me.
That said however, I still want to have sex with u. You have solved the greatest issue on the face of the planet :)

·
Registered
3,965 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't need this as it's been done for me.
That said however, I still want to have sex with u. You have solved the greatest issue on the face of the planet :)
Haha now only if I could pick up girls with this thing! ;)

Thanks mutated

Later,
Leon

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
I thought I sent you the JZ diagram pm. That you credit Shawn is typical- remember? ".....I only hope there is some way I'll be able to repayblahblahablah...."? Whatev...Shawn thrives on it.

I'm glad you were able to put the info to use.

·
Registered
3,965 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I thought I sent you the JZ diagram pm. That you credit Shawn is typical- remember? ".....I only hope there is some way I'll be able to repayblahblahablah...."? Whatev...Shawn thrives on it.

I'm glad you were able to put the info to use.
Oh shit sorry Kenny I was writing it up quick at mixed up names! :loser:

·
Registered
3,965 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If you saw us side-by-side you wouldn't mix us up...I look like a little brown devil and Shawn looks like Lucifer.
Lol I won't forget that :zzzzz:

Oh no he doesn't. And neither do you, sinners dragons, but come see me and I can fix that.

Oh shit looks like someone has it out for you Kenny ;)

·
Miserable
702 Posts
Lucifer vs jesuschrist....

:eatcorn:

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Wow, the arguments are quite funny. Our diagram is found in the TSRM and the 2JZ one is found at numerous places (MKIV.com and AEMpower.com to name 2). All year 2JZ have the same wires that we are concerned with, there are many other changes, but the basic wires to run the ECU are all the same.

I must say thanx to Leon for finally doing this, I have tried and failed to make my info into a post for many many months now and I just can't word it correctly to express myself. That coupled with barely being able to turn a computer on makes it hard.

This needs to be added to or made into a sticky!!!

·
Registered
3,965 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Wow, the arguments are quite funny. Our diagram is found in the TSRM and the 2JZ one is found at numerous places (MKIV.com and AEMpower.com to name 2). All year 2JZ have the same wires that we are concerned with, there are many other changes, but the basic wires to run the ECU are all the same.

I must say thanx to Leon for finally doing this, I have tried and failed to make my info into a post for many many months now and I just can't word it correctly to express myself. That coupled with barely being able to turn a computer on makes it hard.

This needs to be added to or made into a sticky!!!
Thank you for the information! It's good to know that the main wires we need are all the same for the 2JZ. :D

Thanks again Brian!

Later,
Leon

1 - 20 of 308 Posts