Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Mark, looking for prices on a few MKIV TT parts if you have some time.

93 6-speed engine control harness
Crank angle sensor
Cam angle sensors(s)

I'm also looking for some good pics of the cam angle sensor's and where/how they mount, not sure if you could get those though.

thanx

Brian

·
Premium Member
3,656 Posts
Hey Mark, looking for prices on a few MKIV TT parts if you have some time.

93 6-speed engine control harness
Crank angle sensor
Cam angle sensors(s)

I'm also looking for some good pics of the cam angle sensor's and where/how they mount, not sure if you could get those though.

thanx

Brian
I'll get you some prices in the morning (I'm at home at the moment)...but I can tell you a 2JZGTE engine harness runs about $800, sensors approximately $50 each I think...location of the cam angle sensors is in the pic below (yes...that's me flashing a shocker...) of my buddies engine we're currently short blocking. It's the two sensors bolted into the head above the intake ports...one in the middle, one in the back. 2JZGEs don't have a provision for them FWIW, so only way to add them is to get a TT head.

The crank sensor is mounted on the passenger side of the oil pump housing below the timing belt tensioner (couldn't find a good pic of that one sorry). Hope that helps!

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanx Mark, that shot is good. We are looking into the feasibility of welding blocks onto an NA head to mount the cam sensors. I have the machining tools available and would be cheaper than buying a TT head since all the rest of my stuff is NA. Already have the TT oil pump on from my rebuild, crank sensor is not a problem. Anymore close up shots of the sensor mounts would rock, top view, from inside the head, ect... Thanx again.

·
Premium Member
3,656 Posts
Thanx Mark, that shot is good. We are looking into the feasibility of welding blocks onto an NA head to mount the cam sensors. I have the machining tools available and would be cheaper than buying a TT head since all the rest of my stuff is NA. Already have the TT oil pump on from my rebuild, crank sensor is not a problem. Anymore close up shots of the sensor mounts would rock, top view, from inside the head, ect... Thanx again.
Sorry man...I stole that from the buddy's My Space page...I'll be back at his place Monday to pull the cylinder head, so I might be able to take some more. I'm sure you know that you'll need the intake cam as well. Solid pricing follows...

6 spd Harness $783.70
Cam Sensors $71.82 each
Crank Angle Sensor $78.95

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Adding on to this. Broke my fuel feed line off right at the top of the hanger, how much would a new one be, if they are not Class F yet.

·
Premium Member
3,656 Posts
Ray,

Yes...there have been some price increases since then. This same harness now sells for $1142

ECU - 89661-14521-84 (93 6speed)
$908.03 + $100 core

There will be another price increase April 1st

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ray,

Yes...there have been some price increases since then. This same harness now sells for $1142

ECU - 89661-14521-84 (93 6speed)
$908.03 + $100 core

There will be another price increase April 1st
Holy Jeez. Not trying to put you out of work here Mark, but get a NA harness for $200 and an AEM for $1500 and put a days worth of work into the harness. Same result, with $300 left over for a tune.

·
Premium Member
3,656 Posts
Or better yet...shop used and save a bundle. It can be hard to come across a nice harness used, but patience can have its advantages these days. When I bought my harness two years ago they were $840.

Oh...and we've got another 'price adjustment' coming on Apr 1st as well

1 - 12 of 12 Posts