Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

After several weeks of sitting on jack stands, my Supra is back on the road with its new suspension and diff. I now have Kings springs, KYB shocks and urethane bushes. The diff is rebuilt with 3.5:1 gears from an RA65 Celica and of course a brand new TrueTrac helical LSD centre (thanks to Aaron from RabidChimp for getting me that).

I got the whole thing back together on Friday night and had a wheel alignment done first thing on Saturday. And wouldn't you know it, all weekend it was raining heavily. Hmmm, 400hp and a tight LSD on slippery wet roads? Let's go have some fun! :D

Needless to say the car is an absolute hoot to drive. The suspension is a vast improvement over the worn out stock suspension I used to have, and the TrueTrac works brilliantly - in fact it's almost a locker it's so tight! Ridiculous sideways action is just a twitch of the right foot away, but if you're a bit more gentle it will take corners better than a big fat Supra has any right to. Straight-line traction is greatly improved, especially in first gear, and I reckon that elusive 11 second pass is within reach now. In all I'm very pleased with my investment! :)

Oh yeah, the 3.5:1 gears are magic on the highway. It gets up to highly illegal speeds much quicker than it did before, and while I haven't taken it beyond 200km/h yet it does have a theoretical top speed of 310km/h now! :shock:

Hmmm, methinks the brake upgrade will be next on the agenda. ;)

·
Registered
7,111 Posts
Congrats on the new mods :D

so when can we expect the next "norbies monster mk2 vid" :wink: :p

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
damn norbie you are our hero, making a monster MKII with a potential of over 1000 hp power from that 2jz, hope to see a new vid of that setup now its ganna be so awesome,

·
Registered
153 Posts
Norbie said:
Hi all,

After several weeks of sitting on jack stands, my Supra is back on the road with its new suspension and diff. I now have Kings springs, KYB shocks and urethane bushes. The diff is rebuilt with 3.5:1 gears from an RA65 Celica and of course a brand new TrueTrac helical LSD centre (thanks to Aaron from RabidChimp for getting me that).

I got the whole thing back together on Friday night and had a wheel alignment done first thing on Saturday. And wouldn't you know it, all weekend it was raining heavily. Hmmm, 400hp and a tight LSD on slippery wet roads? Let's go have some fun! :D

Needless to say the car is an absolute hoot to drive. The suspension is a vast improvement over the worn out stock suspension I used to have, and the TrueTrac works brilliantly - in fact it's almost a locker it's so tight! Ridiculous sideways action is just a twitch of the right foot away, but if you're a bit more gentle it will take corners better than a big fat Supra has any right to. Straight-line traction is greatly improved, especially in first gear, and I reckon that elusive 11 second pass is within reach now. In all I'm very pleased with my investment! :)

Oh yeah, the 3.5:1 gears are magic on the highway. It gets up to highly illegal speeds much quicker than it did before, and while I haven't taken it beyond 200km/h yet it does have a theoretical top speed of 310km/h now! :shock:

Hmmm, methinks the brake upgrade will be next on the agenda. ;)
Nice :hail:

I thought you were selling the KYB's and going for a set of Koni's? They still on the agenda?

How hard was it to find the 3.5 ratio? I'm going to start looking for one after XMas, once I have some money again LOL

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah I'll see if I can get a vid next time I'm out at the track. :)

I was going to get Koni's but I couldn't find a buyer for the KYB's so I decided to keep them. I've spent enough money for now so I think it's all for the best!

Installing the ratio was easy - I just paid a shop to do it and said "put this in here". :) I actually ended up using the entire RA65 housing and just got them to install the TrueTrac centre in that. The housings are identical so I just swapped it for the Supra diff and it bolted right in.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts