Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What parts do I need to change, and what would the total cost be for a 2JZ Engine swap? I have already got a quote for 1500 For the motor and a 6 speed tranny. But I need to know how much work it is going to be, and what the total cost will be?

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
that's an ungodly cheap price.

but use the SEARCH BUTTON!!!

look on CELICA SUPRA DOT COM

this info is very readily available.

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Mantis said:
What parts do I need to change, and what would the total cost be for a 2JZ Engine swap? I have already got a quote for 1500 For the motor and a 6 speed tranny. But I need to know how much work it is going to be, and what the total cost will be?
Randee,

Welcome to CelicaSupra.com Forums -- to answer your question, here is what I did:

1) Up at the top of your screen, just below the CS.com logo there is a search button. I clicked on it and typed "2JZ" into the "search for keywords" box.

2) Almost all the discussions about doing this swap showed up in this area of the forum: http://www.celicasupra.com/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=8 -- which is the 1JZ/2JZGTE discussion section.

I guarantee that if you look at the threads in that section, you'll find everything you need to know.

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
1500 bux.. OMFG.. A new getrag is about 4800.. lets not even talk about the 2J.. Jump on it.. hope the motor doesn't have a hole in it..

·
Super Moderator
8,393 Posts
If you are in CA, like your location says, note that you'll need EGR to pass smog. On JDM 2JZGTEs (which I assume this is) from what I can tell none of them come with the EGR passages machined, unlike JDM 5/6/7M motor where they have the same head and a block off plate. You are better off doing this with a front cut instead of a loose motor and tranny. I think I figured on needing around 8k in new part from Toyota to take a JDM front cut and convert it enough to make it look US spec for smog. A big chunk of the cost was a new head ($900), engine wiring harness ($1000), ECU (AEM ~$1400 or Toyota ~$2k). Plus the EGR parts are like $1k to replace (I don't believe there is a part under 100 bucks on the 2JZ EGR). Things like the cams, turbos, injectors are pretty easy to find used. If you use a loose motor you'll need the ignitor, injector resistor pack, and something else from what I remember. From what I can tell these two parts are common with other two Toyotas (thankfully). The front cut will save you on these little items and get you the PS pump system/reservior/hoses, AC pump/hoses, intercooler and piping, and the misc wiring stuff. Also the 6spd would be a tough fit in a Mk2. The shifter is like 7" further back on the V160 vs the mk2 W58.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
SMOG?

SMOG?
I dont have to worry about smog my car gets illeagally smoged every 2 years anyway. :D

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
SilverMk2 said:
Also the 6spd would be a tough fit in a Mk2. The shifter is like 7" further back on the V160 vs the mk2 W58.
Actually the V160 would be no harder to fit than an R154, and it's already been proven that's not very hard. The shifter isn't an issue really; it's quite easy to shorten it with some basic fabrication work.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts