Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i dont have any supras but i do have more cressidas than one man should have, anyways, I'm going 2jzge (non-vvti) in my x8 and I am wondering what some of you guys are doing to make decent power on them like for 230-250 whp, I know the basics, I-H-E, and cams, and I also already know, you cant grab power with NA like you can Turbo, but yea, thanks for the help.

LMK what you guys have tested and tried and hp increase?

THANKS!

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
I,H,E is about all you can do to these motors and with that you wont see much more than 230 whp out of it. Custom grind cams (none are made for an NA motor) and a standalone with high octane and some timing will get you some more. I have never in my life seen an NA 2J hit 250 whp. The amount of money that would take would be equivalent to building a turbo setup.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
oh and one more question does anyone know if 2jz turbo intakes can bolt on to a 2jz NA runners with no or little modification, I hate the idea of running the intake over the head, CUZ IT GETS HOT! duh

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
The TT intake manifold will not bolt to the NA head, and trust me you will want to keep the over the top setup if your staying NA. The stock setup gives the motor equal length long tube intake runners, which gives better flow and more power. If you remove that setup without forcing air into the intake (IE turbo) your rear cylinders will not get nearly as good of flow as the front ones and your car will hurt for power dramatically. I would think that you would struggle to reach 200 whp by removing the over the top intake.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hmm that does make sense! I guess toyota did spend thousands on research on intake systms. damn it, i guess I can build a heat shield to help or something, and in all honesty there are ITB options out there, not sure what kind of ecu nightmare I will be looking at and probably not worth the time, anyways thanks for the info

·
Registered
3,834 Posts
It depends on the generation of 2jzge.

The older karmann AFM ones seem make a little less power. You will see them in the 170-180rwhp range to start.

·
Banned
9 Posts
I have searched all these threads and i have not found the information i wanted so i shall ask.

When you take out your GE block and swap in a GTE block and use the GE head , what are the power gains from doing this type of swap?

·
Registered
309 Posts
I assume you mean the short block with no turbo/s? You would lose power if you were to do exactly what you said by a loss of compression.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts