Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

· Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there, I just got my motor in and wiring done but I am confused on how to get past the neutral safety switch, NSW, and STA related things, can any JZ guys chime in on how they were able to bypass this? Its a 93 SC300 2jzge, originally auto. Should be similar to GS300's

Car cranks and fuel pump is working, check engine light is on before cranking and after.

· Administrator
8,745 Posts
Connect them together with a switch. The circuit needs to be closed to start. If you leave it closed all the time you will get a soft rev limit.

· Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am confused, a normal switch? This would go between the 2 park/neutral position switch terminals on the ecu correct? So if starting, theoretically I could just tap the 2 wires while cranking to start the car?

Thanks though :thumbsup:

· Administrator
8,745 Posts
Pin 76 needs to connect to Pin 77 to start. The connection to 77 should have a normally open switch there. If its not switched you will get a ~5500rpm rev limit. Pin 77 needs to connect to E1-12 at least for 85.

· Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Pin 76 needs to connect to Pin 77 to start. The connection to 77 should have a normally open switch there. If its not switched you will get a ~5500rpm rev limit. Pin 77 needs to connect to E1-12 at least for 85.
alrighty, one more question, is e1-12 on the 2jzge ecu side or 5mge side?

· Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well i just ran a wire from the starter switch under the dash that goes into the ignition, 0v while not cranking, and 12v when cranking this would work correct? what about the pins 9 and 10 on terminal B on ecu side also labeled park/neutral position switch?

· Administrator
8,745 Posts
Have you provided power to the ignitor and I assume the ignitor is plugged in? That would explain the code 14, it's not going to run with that going. E1 is the connector on the 5M ECU that the dash harness plugs into.

· Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Fuckin got it, note to people doing 2j swaps, make sure your igniter has a good ground! lol, #2 and #4 injector weren't getting power so i ran direct off the 12v source on #1 injector. Thanks for the help!

· Registered
1,605 Posts
Glad you found the problem. Remember always check codes first. Have fun with it!

· Registered
347 Posts
Not to hijack this thread, but I see a pattern with everyone having similar issues while starting the 2jzge in mk2. Im having the same issue, engine fired right up,,had to keep it alive with throttle, then idled on its own for a 1min and shut off. Have not been able to fire it up again. It cranks, spark is present, strong fuel smell....can hear the pump. Codes 41 tps circuit, and 78 fuel pump circuit. Anyone with ideas?

· Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
check your timing, firing order, and pull each injector to see if you have any cylinders out. When got mine running it was running on only 2 cylinders lol. Had to splice more 12v sources in, but that was my fault for probably not connecting wires or cutting out wires. If you smell fuel and you have spark, it leads me to think your timing is off.

· Registered
1,605 Posts
Not to hijack this thread, but I see a pattern with everyone having similar issues while starting the 2jzge in mk2. Im having the same issue, engine fired right up,,had to keep it alive with throttle, then idled on its own for a 1min and shut off. Have not been able to fire it up again. It cranks, spark is present, strong fuel smell....can hear the pump. Codes 41 tps circuit, and 78 fuel pump circuit. Anyone with ideas?
My main issue was with the iacv was not supplied with power. I also had maf wiring issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Registered
347 Posts
Well, after 2days of just "sitting", I tried to start it......and Vrrrooom..it started. Im thinking
possibly flooded. Had to keep it alive with my foot but eventually it idled on its own. Now to finish with the minor kinks and get it running right.

· Registered
1,605 Posts
Still no start? Did you check the TPS sensor?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 28 Posts