Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

Would you be seriously interested in a 3.0 TURBO badge machined from aluminum bar stock?

• yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • yes, I want a dozen

• No, not interested

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having a limited number of 3.0 TURBO badges made up, same as the 2.8GT badges, machined out of aluminum bar stock and anodized with polished (al) letters. I did not request very many as I figured most who ordered the plastic version in the Toyota Japan group buy we did a year or so ago, probably won't be interested.

These badges are being done by the same shop that did the 2.8 badges so anyone who has seen those will know what the quality will be like.

I am having these made because I gave my last one away (which had to be sacrificed for a few days to be used as the model, thank you Mr. B) and I want one for the Turbo Toad. If anyone is interested, they will also be 30.00 shipped.

If anyone is interested, let me know. If no one is hey, that is cool. I did this to serve my own desires and I'll have the most expensive badge ever produced..... If more than 9 people are interested, I need to know quickly, as I only asked my friend to make 10. I expect that badges will be shipped to me next week so the wait time will be short.

Leslie :lol: :lol:

·
Super Moderator
8,390 Posts
I'd be interested. I'm assuming this is a direct knock off of the Toyota one (except for the material)?

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, exact replica. There are several versions (letter styles) available from Toyota. This one has lettering very similar to the TOYOTA badge that came on our cars, or the 2.8GT badge which didn't come on our cars. I can email a picture of it to anyone who wants to see what the Toyota plastic one looks like.

Leslie

·
Founding Member
6,423 Posts
I have been planning a 7m-gte swap for the redpra at some point in the future. Would be cool to have the badge for it as well. May be awhile tho but I'd better get one while the gettin's good.

Phil D.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
well since I am a 3.0L 6MGE going Turbo I might get one as well... count me in on the group buy.

Jay

BTW... that one 3.0L Turbo badge for $30.00 right... just want to clarify

·
Registered
4,558 Posts
i want one, but i wouldnt be able to get it for a while

do you think you might have some of these avaliable for a while? (3 months, or so)

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
I'm interested but I would like to see a picture of one. Is is like the one on SupraSport.com? But metal of course.

·
Super Moderator
8,390 Posts
Pretty sure its this one on Phils car

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'll try to answer questions

Yes, they would be 30.00 each

Yes, they are like the badge on suprasport. They have it listed as the 3rd from the top and describe it as a gray rear badge for 45.00 (plastic) I belive. funny because I believe it is a front badge not a rear badge. The aluminum badges will have the mounting posts to fit through the grille just like the oem TOYOTA badge does.

HTH
Leslie

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
MkIISuperSupra said:
SilverMk2 said:
Pretty sure its this one on Phils car

Yes this is the badge I am having made.

Leslie
Is it possible to have the 3.0 and Turbo seperated? How many posts are on the back?

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
[quote="Muchbzy
Is it possible to have the 3.0 and Turbo seperated? How many posts are on the back?[/quote]

I don't honestly know. Someone who has one of the plastic ones would have to answer this one. I haven't seen one of these up close in over a year.

I'm pretty sure it has 2 posts on the back so possibly. It would depend on the location of the posts in relation to the lettering.

Leslie

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
I'm pretty sure it has 2 posts on the back so possibly. It would depend on the location of the posts in relation to the lettering.

Leslie[/quote]

Cool, either way I'm in.

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Then get your money in. As always, these will go to the people who have paid on a first come first shipped basis.

You can paypal me the funds (add 3.00) or you can pay with Check or Money Order. I try to be as flexible as I can to what works for each of you.

There are already more than 10 showing an interest so I really need to know who is serious (by paying) if I am going to up the order. I really thought 10 would be more than enough, as always, looks like I'm wrong again.

Thanks,
Leslie

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Just to clarify in case I made a mistake, Jay Balducci just pointed out that I may have pointed people to the wrong badge on SupraSort. The badge I am having machined is the one above on Phils car. It is listed on SupraSport, you figure out if He is charging 29.00 or 45.00. I can't figure the website out.

Either way, this badge will be 30.00 each and machined from aluminum not made from plastic. Since the back plate will be anodized, it should never fade or discolor like plastic will and the letters will definately never peel off like the silver on plastic will.

Just wanted to make sure that no one got the wrong impression. I really would not like to mislead anyone.

Leslie

1 - 20 of 87 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.