Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to be taking a romp thru an all toyota junk yard here a few days, and wanted to know what cars had the 3.73 LSD diff's?

Also, anything else anyone needs that I can keep an eye peeled for?

·
Super Moderator
8,352 Posts
Check out 82 Mk2s. The firewall code should be F303 or F302 IIRC.

·
Registered
247 Posts
The 3.73 gears weren't offered in a celica for the US but apparently some Australian and Japanese models used them. You can get the Cressida rear end in a 3.73 but I don't think they made them with a factory locker. I may be wrong on that though.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
3.73 rear

Bob, you are a Forum posting machine!!!

Look for the F303, all '82 Supra P-types should have this differential, unless it was swapped. I have an '82 with the Spearco Turbo Kit and wouldn't want anything gear lower than a 3.73. I have been told that certain Cressidas also had the limited slip 3.73. Somebody like Mr. Eng would know for sure.

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Heh...Chad, thats because I work nights, and sit here bored...LOL.

I ideally actually want 3.90's, but have been told I would have an easier time finding an HKS twin turbo 5M in a junk yard than one of those... so I would rather go 3.73 than 4.10. I do alot of highway miles and the 3.73 would be more friendly of the two... tho I may end up 4.10 in the end if I can't find either.

·
Registered
9,840 Posts
Bob,3.9's can be found.I'll look at work again tommorrow and try to get a few places to look.Though most 3.73 and 3.91's were non-lsd.I'll also get the 2wd toyota truck info,for gear sets and post it soon. 3.07,3.42,3.58,3.73,3.91,4.10,4.30 can all be purchased as a factory gear set :multi:

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Shawn, I can just swap the ring and pinion gears from a non LSD to an LSD, right?

·
Registered
9,840 Posts
Supra Bob said:
Shawn, I can just swap the ring and pinion gears from a non LSD to an LSD, right?

Yep,and I didn't have a chance to get info today,but all 1/2 ton 2wd truck are definately worth looking at axle codes on.I know the 3.07 is like 89-91 only,3.42 can be found 84-9? I believe.the 3.58 is same era.Most 3.73's are in cressidas,maybe a few trucks.3.91 is cressida and trucks.HTH

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Cool man,

Thanks for the info. Let me know if ya find anything out there? How much do you usually charge for a rear or just an R&P gears?

<---- hasta SERIOUSLY watch the budget, as I just figured it out.. and OH HELL am I over on it...

·
Registered
247 Posts
No, the 80s celicas were never offered with LSD, at least not in the states. I wish they were but it's no use wishing for something that won't happen.

·
Registered
430 Posts
I found a 3.90 non-lsd out of a celica. i like it.
diff code F312

·
Registered
4,558 Posts
what were the gear choices on an auto 82 mkII?

i cant read the firewall plate (scratched up badly) so i cant tell you what code it has, but perhaps theres another place to look while im tearing this parts beast apart?

kinda thinking ill keep the auto diff just incase the one in my keeper car starts making evil noises.

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
TTT

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just got a question about my 85 P-type 5-speed axle number. It reads F0141923, so that mean I have a 7.5 gear diameter, 3.30 ratio, and 4 pinion non lsd rite.

·
Registered
9,445 Posts
Too many numbers.... Should only be 4 digits.... Where are you reading the code from??? Also pretty sure a 3.30 ratio was not available on our Supras.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts