Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

· Registered
9,096 Posts
Okay....... Something is very screwy here......

Assuming that this is a North America spec 85 5-speed, it "should" be a Code F283, which is a 4.30 LSD rear..... This was the only gear ratio available on a 85 5-speed (for North America), the Automatic's had the 4.10 ratio

If you can humor me, could you please post the ENTIRE bottom line of the firewall dataplate, along w/ the model code line as well???? Something sounds odd....

· Registered
3 Posts
Even better I will take a picture of the plate just so no one can say that I am reading it wrong. But that will have to wait till tomorrow since it’s to dark out side. But one more question, only the 5-speed 82 p-type supra come with the 3.727 diff, or does other year supra have them too? Thanks

· Registered
9,096 Posts
Correct on the last one. 83's went to the 4.10's, then 84/86 went to the 4.30's.... Assuming that it's a North America spec car. Some "other" countries (like Australia), had the 3.91's on their 5-speeds.

Looking forward to seeing the dataplate info. :D Thanks!!!

· Registered
15,062 Posts
84+ autos have 4.10's. btw, the true trac holds up fine. see the racing sectiong for more details. thread is called really good news and really bad news.

· Registered
759 Posts
Dragonfyre said:
The 80's celicas came with the 3.73, GTS had LSD.
hmmm . .. is this true? That'd be sweet b/c there's an '85 GTS in the junkyard. (well it's said they didn't have LSD, but I'm wondering about the gears)

Keith

· Registered
1,195 Posts
Well Guys,

I guess I must be lucky! My 86 P-type has the 4.30 LSD rear (F283), which I have never liked. I have been looking for a good 82 MKII for years - no such luck. Then I thought, why not check the 87 Cressida that I no longer drive. What do you know, 3.91 rear (F312) - and I know it is in good shape. I guess I will pull it off, get it cleaned up and adjusted with a new LSD, and then give the old (new) Supra a spin. It will probably be about a month but I will keep you guys informed. Click the photo link to see a few of my current projects. http://photos.yahoo.com/[email protected]

Regards,

Carlos

· Registered
1,723 Posts
My 85 that I just purchased also has F014 in the VIN, although it has been hit in the rear at some point and now has a rear end with the LSD sticker on the cover

21 - 28 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.