Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
On one head I had rebuilt a two angle valve angle was done, now a 3 angle will give better flow possibly, so to be specific, is it beneficial?

·
Premium Member
4,000 Posts
It should be. Just about anything you can do to improve the airflow will help, and having additional angles above and below the seat helps the airflow.

How much? I've never seen any figures, but it's probably in the "A Few Horsepower" category.

·
Premium Member
4,000 Posts
I just looked in the shop manual, and the OEM specs are for a 45* seat, with a 60* undercut, and a 30* blend cut, so if you get a true "Factory Spec" valve job, you'll be getting a "three angle" valve job.

·
Whistles
1,047 Posts
There may not be that much gain you will ever notice. This question has been discussed on other Supra sites, albeit the focus were GTE variants.

When I spoke with Dave at Headgames about everything possible in options, we didn't even talk about it. It may be most helpful on NA or nitrous applications, I am not sure.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just looked in the shop manual, and the OEM specs are for a 45* seat, with a 60* undercut, and a 30* blend cut, so if you get a true "Factory Spec" valve job, you'll be getting a "three angle" valve job.
Well I guess my valves are getting a 3 angle, thanks for the research!

·
Super Moderator
8,136 Posts
Unless you damaged something it's unlikely the valves need to be reground. Usually just relapsing things is significant.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Unless you damaged something it's unlikely the valves need to be reground. Usually just relapsing things is significant.
I performed a leak down test and found some valves leaking. A trick I found was to spray a liquid soap in the valve chamber and when leaking, well you'll see the bubbles

1 - 9 of 9 Posts