Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
8,423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last Friday I had a challenge from my homey. He sead "I just got a car and I want to know what it can do" He has a 90' Mazda Miata. Any way he told me that he was racing a 2004 Yellow SRT4 Neon 1st. And I told him lets just go at it all at once. So we did.
They both had the take off on me I got a real bad take off the tires didn't want to hook up at all but as soon as they did and I was 2nd gear it was all over make that 2 more kills for the MK2 Supra!!!

·
Registered
3,275 Posts
sorry no, you lose.

unless you're turboed, there's no physical way you could touch even a stock SRT-4.

·
Super Moderator
10,626 Posts
the normal neon looks almost exactly the same, the hood scoop is the only obvious difference (bumpers too if you know the differnce between the 2)

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Other than the big ass FMIC and the mean growl from the exhaust? If you beat that Neon it wasn't an SRT-4 or he wasn't racing.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
its maybe like those people that put fake badges on their car, they have a civic dx and put a type r or something similiar, as long as you won thats what counts

·
Registered
7,111 Posts
well if it said 'NEON" on it its not I repeat its not a SRT-4 :wink:

but come one reace a stock neon and a stock miata :roll: its like racing civics :lol:

·
Super Moderator
10,626 Posts
very differnt car.

Stock srt4s dyno at nearly 250 lbs/ft to the wheels hp is about 210/215 ish to the wheels

·
Registered
8,423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I saw the car about 30 min ago It did have a hoodscoop in the middle tord the front! And as far as badges there where none that I could see. I talked to the guy and tryd to convince him to show me what he had under the hood and told me "NO". I wanted to race him but its raining at the moment, :( My homey in the Mazda told me that he has something "NEW" under the hood I think its NOS maybe? Any way thats it.

·
Registered
790 Posts
OK, for all you who don't know what the SRT-4 is

http://www.caranddriver.com/article.asp?section_id=39&article_id=1868&page_number=1

I've talked to a salesman at Whitnell Dodge (Salem), and from what I've heard (and this guy seemed pretty honest for a car salesman), it would school any Mk II unless it was running forced induction or a 6M with nitrous. If only they would make an AWD model, that would be worth thinking about...

·
Registered
141 Posts
I saw one racing on the local street racing strip here in central CT. It was yellow and had the hood scoop and a big ass intercooler up front and a ricey wing. It was really fast for sure, I would never stand a chance in my MKII, but, when that neon is 18 years old lets see how it looks and runs! That thing will be falling apart in a year the way this kid was abusing it! Plus it's a Dodge in the first place. Too bad what has happened to mopar over the years. :cry:

·
Registered
540 Posts
People people, we're forgetting the most important thing. Regardless of what cars lost, THEY STILL LOST. I look at it as, hey, a supra beat 2 more cars... just my $0.02

·
Registered
7,111 Posts
well you know what Im gonna put on my 3.0 Turbo badge on my Stock 85 W/5MGE and let someone think they beat a 3.0 Turbo Supra :roll:

Have a nice Day :suicide:

you have been tagged witht he ZSS :wink:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts