Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

3 Car race 2 car kill!!!

3K views 23 replies 17 participants last post by  oldschool85 
#1 ·
Last Friday I had a challenge from my homey. He sead "I just got a car and I want to know what it can do" He has a 90' Mazda Miata. Any way he told me that he was racing a 2004 Yellow SRT4 Neon 1st. And I told him lets just go at it all at once. So we did.
They both had the take off on me I got a real bad take off the tires didn't want to hook up at all but as soon as they did and I was 2nd gear it was all over make that 2 more kills for the MK2 Supra!!!

#9 ·
its maybe like those people that put fake badges on their car, they have a civic dx and put a type r or something similiar, as long as you won thats what counts

#14 ·
I saw the car about 30 min ago It did have a hoodscoop in the middle tord the front! And as far as badges there where none that I could see. I talked to the guy and tryd to convince him to show me what he had under the hood and told me "NO". I wanted to race him but its raining at the moment, :( My homey in the Mazda told me that he has something "NEW" under the hood I think its NOS maybe? Any way thats it.

#15 ·
OK, for all you who don't know what the SRT-4 is

http://www.caranddriver.com/article.asp?section_id=39&article_id=1868&page_number=1

I've talked to a salesman at Whitnell Dodge (Salem), and from what I've heard (and this guy seemed pretty honest for a car salesman), it would school any Mk II unless it was running forced induction or a 6M with nitrous. If only they would make an AWD model, that would be worth thinking about...

#17 ·
I saw one racing on the local street racing strip here in central CT. It was yellow and had the hood scoop and a big ass intercooler up front and a ricey wing. It was really fast for sure, I would never stand a chance in my MKII, but, when that neon is 18 years old lets see how it looks and runs! That thing will be falling apart in a year the way this kid was abusing it! Plus it's a Dodge in the first place. Too bad what has happened to mopar over the years. :cry:

#19 ·
well you know what Im gonna put on my 3.0 Turbo badge on my Stock 85 W/5MGE and let someone think they beat a 3.0 Turbo Supra :roll:

Have a nice Day :suicide:

you have been tagged witht he ZSS :wink:

#21 ·
think of it like this
the srt-4 is to neon like the wrx is to impereza
215hp and 245lb torque, I think it's a 2.4L L4 turbo. Hella fast car, blows away Mustang GTs. Dodge claims it hits 60 in 5.8 seconds. Our stock mkiis do it in what? 8.4?

#22 ·
its not the car its the driver. thats first and foremost.

#23 ·
After following the thread I went over to my friendly Dodge dealer (actually I had to take the mini van in for some warranty stuff :oops: ) and I they let me take SRT-4 out. It's quick and by the seat of pants meter would blow a stock Mk2 away. There are already aftermarket chips out for these so with a few mods they will probably be a pretty good race for a 5mGTE.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.