Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
First one wasn't even fair but he wanted to play. Turbo Pontiac solstice...walked.

2nd was from a dig...2010 super charged mustang..he pulled 2 cars on me while I pedaled it for traction...then I blew by him, I could hear his super charger for a brief second as i passed him...great kill.

3rd was a M3 BMW 2 door something. It was from a roll and I actually toyed with him until I hit 3rd then he saw tail lights.

4th was a VW GTI turbo hatchback looking thing...I let him start his pull and I just stayed next to him until I knew I wouldn't spin then I hit it...I was gonzo...at the next light he asked "what have u done to that thing?" With his jaw hanging open..as he was asking that, his girlfriend was crawling over his lap wanting to get in my supra LOL..! I said a little bit of everything and thanked him for playing.

All in all, this supra is waaaay to much for the street. I'm think im gonna back it down to 14psi...it literally scared the shit outta me once in 3rd when it tried to go sideways on me under boost....I had to stop at a gas station and walk around the supra after that for about 5 or 10 minutes to gather myself...my back is sore now from tensing up so much after that...whew we! I was waiting for the radio to turn on like in the movie christine, I thought my supra wanted to kill me...haha..not gonna happen.

I talked to Eric afterwards and he said I need to be playing with some turbo vipers and higher caliber cars. my supra is in a league of dare I say it. Super cars..?haha....i dont know if its a super car but its super supra to me...reminds me of Les, god rest his soul..he is the original super supra with his turbo toad, but this car is way to much for me..I'm just gonna back her down and enjoy her if I dare drive it again...all I can say is WOW!

Anyone want to buy my Supra? Taking offers.

·
Registered
2,911 Posts
Great story! If only I had the money :sadsmilie

·
Registered
899 Posts
Do ya just go drivin around lookin for prey on sat nights? lol

Also, you should invest in a go pro. We all need to see this with our own eyes, not reading.

Grats on your hard earned kills :)

·
Registered
2,154 Posts

·
Administrator
7,186 Posts
Dude, you can beat Lambos, Ferrarris, Vipers, FI Vettes and prob most GTRs on the street with that power/weight ratio. (from a roll of course)

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Id come to Houston and play but this Supra scares me.(yup, im scared of it). it needs a tire thats aboout 2' wide in the back to hook up..LOL!. When and if I do play next time it has to be from a roll, Ive always hated roll racing as it just seams lame to me but I think im gonna have to play that game from now on.

To tell you the truth you guys. I know some of you old hats know better. But to those that dont... and you want to build or youre currently building that bad as swapped MK2, when you get north of 500RWHP in these cars...its fawking scary/dangerous. when you get north of 600RWHP its ridiculous..your life is in jeopardy...You have to have some serious Stig like driving skills to handle these machines. if you think your a good driver because youve drifted this and hand braked that and powered slid this and you drove and could handle a 350HP MK2????...its not even close.(that was me BTW)

Ive built a few MK2's in my day at 500HP and i could drive those barely...but this one is a whole different animal with the 2JZ and E85. I need to go get professorial training for this car.

Ok, i will quit sounding like a wuss...but i just wanted to be honest and share my experience with you guys...Just imagine this...i have an older 67mm ball bearing turbo...i almost swapped to the new PT6766mm turbo...that would put me over 700rwhp at 27psi easily. not now...no way.

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Just FYI, most of the cars in Houston have the same issues, so runs are on the freeway, line up at 60mph, slow to about 40, and GO! And your smart to be scared of that thing, lol. I wish I could figure out how to incorporate wheel speed sensors and stability control, but I probably will just stay south of 400 and settle for being able to keep the pack in sight. But I would love to see a competitive MKII line up with the big dogs down there.

·
Registered
3,081 Posts
Come on Jake, You know you want atleast 750 and throw on some drag radial or do like me and start looking at federal tires which come in a 240 Tread wear. Im sure you can see a big difference in the way the car drives with the Elevation difference. I know I did when I left el paso and went out to WA state. Its good to see you finally get her legs out on the streets and not letting it just sit in the garage.

We will meet up soon brotha, Im still planning on cooking if you want to come over and Im planning on going to Houston this year. Still looking for another supra around this area but no luck so far. Shoot me a Text sometime, you got my number.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
I don't know about everyone else here, but I think it would be interesting to see you guys both on the track in Houston. A MkII Supra Shootout! I'd go again to see that! Besides, the more MkII's there the better!

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
As a person from Houston, I can attest to the above statement. There's plenty here to play with. People usually gather for the "Cars and Cofee" held near the Galleria area to showcase the cars. Here's a sample of the toys you'd be playing with.
Here's a youtube video of one.

and another leaving.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0FypeH2MOgA

still, be safe, a car isn't as important as the life of a driver..in the end.

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
I could do the Houston event easily. I have family down there so I have a place to stay and park my enclosed car trailer. Hmm...Sounds do-able. I will have to talk it over with the boss.

Robert and I would run anytime against each other...weve been building these cars together for years now...our Supras are most likely built the same..HAHA!

Robert, I will be in touch soon.

Johnny; that video was full of some exotics for sure...gawd damn!!...i know those twin turbo Lambo's are no Joke down there in Houston!

Im thinking on picking up a set of these Nittos 555R drag radials 275/40R17 its the best size I could find..id rather have 285's but i will take what i can get..what do you guys think? this should help me hook?

http://www.discounttiredirect.com/direct/tires/nitto/product/submitProductSize.do?pc=40135&tmn=NT+555R+Drag+Radial&typ=Competition

·
Registered
3,081 Posts
Robert and I would run anytime against each other...weve been building these cars together for years now...our Supras are most likely built the same..HAHA!
Ofcourse we would, 2 MKIIs with the same HP numbers would be fun. We both know how fun its been over the years to tinker, play in the garage all night with the bosses up stairs pissed off that we are. There are just so much supporting mods that you have over me but that ok, Ive been known to do some strange things.

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Jake, definitely get some DR's. I have not put mine on my wheels yet, but have bolted up a set of 255's from a buddy and it was worlds apart.

At 14 psi what do you think you would be making? Mine at 12psi has done some stupid things on the 225 Continentals I'm running.

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I just backed the power down tonight and took her out for a romp. I peak out at 13psi now and that's right at 500rwhp and about 450TQ. It's much more manageable but 2nd gear is still a "pedal it" gear. I do need some DR's. I'm about to pull the trigger on some of those nitro 555r's.

This is the type of power I'm used to. It feels like all my other 7m supras but the TQ feels like iit hits harder than my 7m's did. Not sure if its the fuel or the cams or what..but it's pulls harder at 500HP/450TQ with the JZ than my 7m did.

I'm not so scared of the supra at this power/boost level. When I get these DRs and I need an alignment desperately..then I will turn it back up and see how she goes.

Thx for your input...I appreciate it.

·
Registered
3,081 Posts
Even though these cars are a ton of fun at these HP levels I can attest that 500hp is about as much as you really want to throw around and have fun doing it. MKIIIs are a little different because of the weight ratio and there suspension is a little better. Jake, I bought a new Phone so shoot me your number again or text me, Need to BS about a few things that have crossed my mind and I need a second opinion. Very limited on People here that have been here for a long time and have actually met. This is why we all need to get back together and hang out or just do something as a community. We are getting slim....

·
Founding Member
6,361 Posts
Barely here a month and already terrorizing the streets around Keller? I was at Spring Creek BBQ in Keller last night and watched a whole hive of bumblebees hum northbound on 377 and thought about you. We need to get together and catch up some weekend now that you are "settled".

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Sweet kills.

Hey Roberts how you been?

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I took Wicked Felina out for a little E85 fuel run tonight and then some cruise action. She is so much fun to drive at 500RWHP, i might just keep it here for a while..Got into 2 digs tonight with a GMC sonoma with a cyclone motor swapped into it or a supercharger something in it...it had a nice whine to it..it was a total sleeper, but It got left behind by 8 cars then i lifted..it was cool of him to play, twice.

Then this guy in this really nice 350Z played too...we were side by side until i hooked then i lifted about 6 cars ahead of him...we pulled over a BS'd afterwards...cool dude in my book...i thanked him for playing.

over all it was a good night, the temps were perfect for cruising..i wish it was like this all the time...take care all!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts