Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
598 Posts
how did everyone mount there inter coolers?
i have a stock 7mgte ic. ive got no ac or ac cooler so there is room. i just cant seem to get lucky and line it up with old ac mounting holes. getting annoyed and ready to self tap it there...

·
Registered
206 Posts
Links don't work on 5/6mgte Links

Half of the links no longer work. Please verify and delete, specifically most of the ones that point to celicasupra.com.

this is not a thread to ask questions.
it is simply a link compilation thread. There are many other threads that that coulda been asked in, or a new one made.

·
Registered
351 Posts
^^^^^^^ what they said. I've heard lots of people ran turbo setups on stock injectors and ecu.....I really want to know if this is just hear say or not.

·
Registered
3,358 Posts
I know i'm going to come off as a dick here, but here it goes...

The very fist link in the first post is to a mirrored version of a no longer working link using http://web.archive.org/ to show the page as of 2008. This will work for all of the other sites listed. Simply paste the url into the site and it will show you snapshots of that site through the years.

For the forum links that are 404'ed just look at how the URL looks now versus then and you can make them work.
Take this link that does not work: http://www.celicasupra.com/forums/content.phpshowthread.php?t=43460&highlight=5mgte+Fuel+system
Put the thread ID 43460 and put it into how our links are now formed and it works fine: http://www.celicasupra.com/forums/showthread.php?43460

If you have any specific questions you can't answer by reading these links you can just search for it if you use site:celicasupra.com in google like so:

This is not a thread for asking questions, it is a list of things to read, and if you can't figure out how to read the links using tools already on the page you might struggle tossing a turbo on your car. Start another thread after you've read a few things and ask questions with what you are unclear on. This is a forum for collaboration, not just a site with all the guides in the world to walk you through whatever you want to do. Hop in some recent threads and engage in the discussion. Read some old threads/pages and take notes on them, you'll be amazed what sort of information is already out there. We are all on here doing this for free for the love of the hobby, so maybe treat it like you are also here to engage a little bit. Hell toysupguy asked about the links not working almost a year ago and still went on to read up and do some research, and posted a thread asking specific questions he had and we are working through them as we speak.

This isn't directed at anyone in particular, just a common theme i've been seeing lately. Rant over. Hopefully my useful info is enough to cancel out the rant :p

·
Registered
794 Posts
Wow, blast from the past. I miss that car. Shortly after I finished it I got laid off and had to sell it.

I'll get 5MGTE.com up and running again in the next couple weeks. I still have all the site files, just have to setup a virtual host on my web server and get the files uploaded.

I still look through local C.L. adds at the MKII's wanting to do another one but alas I think my supra days are long over.

<off to hide again for bringing up an old thread>

·
Registered
10 Posts
Thread revival, this info helped me so much with my build and a massive thanks to keithP for the manifolds.

I managed to hunt down the old Begi regulator (he is now under the company name - MaxG motorsport)

But at the moment the engine runs better than it did N/A and all i have done is change the fuel pump and retard the timing 2 degrees although i dont want to rev past 4.5k incase of leaning out.

heres my thread on a new zealand forum, could be of some help to someone.

https://oldschool.co.nz/index.php?/topic/49379-kp_james-1986-mx73-project-grandadgoneboostin/

·
Registered
10 Posts
Yeah those are quite nice
My only thing is techniqually in nz i need a certification for this mod, but by keeping it look factory i can get away with it.

Thanks no worries :)

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
At first I thought you didn't have an intercooler.....until I saw the last picture in the thread where the intercooler is routed.
The 5M turbo kit on ebay a few weeks ago has an air to water intercooler. Not sure what is easier or harder: Cutting/routing 2.5-3" piping to run an air to air intercooler or the radiator/water pump set up for a air to water intercooler.

·
Super Moderator
10,479 Posts
Nice build, always loved those Cressidas, surprised I never got one.

You might need to upgrade some of your intercooler bits once you start revving that thing and playing with boost. Like the heater hose clamps and the stock plastic intake that feeds into the TB. I can see that stuff failing with a full 7+psi hitting it. If its a factory look you are going for, grab one of the 7mgte pipes that goes there.

·
Registered
10 Posts
@darrow - my thoughts aswell, with getting the intercooler for free i wasnt too fussed haha

Thanks SupraFiend, yeah ive had three now haha, the gold one still being my first.
At this point, up to 5krpms im only boosting 5psi, not sure if its due to the large airgap between my impeller and compressor housing or juat my intercooler setup but the other guy in nz who has a 5mgte in his hilux said he boosts the same?

Not sure if theres a fault or something else haha. No boost leaks might i add

·
Registered
10 Posts
@darrow - my thoughts aswell, with getting the intercooler for free i wasnt too fussed haha

Thanks SupraFiend, yeah ive had three now haha, the gold one still being my first.
At this point, up to 5krpms im only boosting 5psi, not sure if its due to the large airgap between my impeller and compressor housing or juat my intercooler setup but the other guy in nz who has a 5mgte in his hilux said he boosts the same?

Not sure if theres a fault or something else haha. No boost leaks might i add

21 - 37 of 37 Posts