Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

41 - 60 of 438 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,532 Posts
very cool Rsdeo, about time it was done here. So what diameter is the PT cruiser disc? And this all uses stock ma67 wheel bearings?

·
Registered
15,025 Posts
how far does the caliper sit in front of the hub face? and what offset wheels are required? looks good.
william

·
Registered
5 Posts
is it possible to just redrill the pt cruiser to fit the oem hub?? or would the rotor no longer be centered in the caliper?

·
Supra since '86
5,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
SupraFiend said:
very cool Rsdeo, about time it was done here. So what diameter is the PT cruiser disc? And this all uses stock ma67 wheel bearings?
280mm diameter and 23mm thick. Stock bearings used. Both MA61 and Z31 use the same front bearings.

williamb82 said:
how far does the caliper sit in front of the hub face? and what offset wheels are required? looks good.
The caliper sits over an inch past the hub face. From a rough measurement the offset of the wheel to be used will be 6mm more positive than when using the stock MA61 hub. Doug has a set of 16" Panasports that we will try with the stock MA61 hub and Z31 caliper for clearance.

jp86 said:
is it possible to just redrill the pt cruiser to fit the oem hub?? or would the rotor no longer be centered in the caliper?
The stock MA61 hub requires a different disc because of its difference in design. This next on the list of things to do.

CDarthvader said:
So you got the front 5lug conversion mounted on a car yet? Can't wait to get some 5 lug wheels on my car LOL
No, still have to do the rears.

·
Registered
412 Posts
i have herd that mustage brakes will fit on but that si what i have herd

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
in a couple weeks (hopefully) i will have another rear control arm (mines rusty) and i will start keeping my eyes open at the yards for something that might work, once i get the other one and know exactly what to look for that is. the i'll start test fitting stuff too. the more people on it the better we can do and the faster we can do it right!

·
Registered
520 Posts
Supra_devil said:
i for one think that when this conversion is finished a print up should be done and made a sticky!
:werd:

Definitly would like to see this cleaned up, very confused on what the final verdict was.....just need one sticky with all the specs.....this would be great on the rustpra.......great job! :clap:

·
Supra since '86
5,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
xrsupra85 said:
Supra_devil said:
i for one think that when this conversion is finished a print up should be done and made a sticky!
:werd:

Definitly would like to see this cleaned up, very confused on what the final verdict was.....just need one sticky with all the specs.....this would be great on the rustpra.......great job! :clap:
Let's stop the confusion and have a recap.

What we've found so far.

Front

What works. MA61 front strut, MA61 bearings/races, Z31 84-86 Turbo front hub, Z32 30mm caliper and PT Cruiser front disc (280X23, center bore machined out to ~81mm and 5 new mount holes drilled 36 degrees offset from the stud holes).

Other possible combinations with the MA61 front strut and MA61 bearings/races. MS65 front hubs, Z31 87-89 front hubs, 86-89 Mitsu Starion front hubs, Z32 26mm caliper. Any of these combinations will need a different disc.

Rear

The rear MA61 disc has a larger OD than the than the front MA61 disc so it should be adequate. My main concern is the 5 bolt pattern change in the rear.

Possible combinations. MS123 rear stub axles, Z31 84-86 Turbo rear stub axles, Z31 87-89 rear stub axles, 86-89 Mitsu Starion rear stub axles. Bearings/races are as of yet unkown. MA61 rear caliper and MA61 rear disc redrilled to 5X114.3.

I have not tried anything on the rear as of yet, but have a comlpete rear sub frame to try things on. I'm also considering getting a quote from Strange Axles for custom made stub axles so we can use the stock bearings/races and flange.

Another thing I may do is make custom front/rear hats for the Jim King BBK to use with this swap.

·
Registered
9 Posts
toyota crown 83-87 ms123 and 125 have same bearings
(inner,outer) on rear hubs, so they should fit to mk2
front is same 79-87 crown if there is 5 bolt hubs they have same bearings(inner,outer) than mk2
mayby this can work?

·
Registered
153 Posts
sonic said:
front is same 79-87 crown if there is 5 bolt hubs they have same bearings(inner,outer) than mk2
mayby this can work?
I think the above info is really specific to the US. The swap you talk about has actually been done here in Australia, I believe the ms123/125 is a little bit more common here than in the US.

I can't actually remember the website it has been documented on, I'm sure it's mentioned somewhere in this thread already though

·
Registered
15,025 Posts
yes they are more common in aus since there are none in the us at all.
william

·
Registered
47 Posts
5 bolt stub axles.

Can some one give me an o.d. of the spline area of the stub and the spline count. Where I work we have gear/spline hobs and shapers. (I build racing tranies for Lenco) I don't know what the cost would be as of yet, but I might decide on making some for my own MKII someday soon so I am just now researching this as a viable option. As for the rotors, they can be redrilled at any capable machine shop with a mill.
Paul

·
Premium Member
1,361 Posts
ma61_turbo said:
sonic said:
mayby this can work?
I think the above info is really specific to the US. The swap you talk about has actually been done here in Australia, I believe the ms123/125 is a little bit more common here than in the US.

I can't actually remember the website it has been documented on, I'm sure it's mentioned somewhere in this thread already though
You most have probibly got off Ed_MA61 of Toymods, also I believe bbaacchhyy & Norbie has some doing as well to this concept.

Hopes it helps.

Cheers.

·
Registered
153 Posts
ZZT231 said:
You most have probibly got off Ed_MA61 of Toymods, also I believe bbaacchhyy & Norbie has some doing as well to this concept.

Hopes it helps.

Cheers.
Yeah, I know it was Ed that did the write up, I didn't bookmark the page though duh. I actually know bbacchhyy and am following his progress closely, it's looking quite good so far :)

·
Registered
166 Posts
I've done the 5 stud conversion for the fronts today. I mounted the hub of the Z31 to the MA60 strut, all was pretty easy, except one thing. The rear oil seal of the Z31 bearing doesn't fit anymore. Nor does the MA60 rear oil seal fit. So in the current situation all dust and dirt can come through to damage the wheel bearing. Anyone have a solution for this? Or didn't run into this problem?

41 - 60 of 438 Posts