Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So a couple of weeks back a bought an awsome 85 MkII black and in great shape, the older guy was happy to include an set of winters on stock rims and a few bins full of parts. I was looking around and found these cam gears, seems to me I don't remember anyone talking about 5 holes, so I take the pully cover off the motor and it's got 3, so I'm going to swap them and try the settings. I have a wideband thats easy to screw in, although from what I understand it's only a part of the method for dialing in these new gears. I plan to play with the afm spring a little, put a 1 piece hardpipe intake, see what kind of timing it will take, see what the change on the throttle body screw does, possibly install an afpr. Husky here does 90 oct regular so I'll use that. I put an exhaust on already and a cone. Any thoughts on the 5 hole? Are they common, sorry if they are I searched but am kind of in the middle of working on it... so off to work! :thumbsup:

pics>> http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/BBdt_mllxa9nMoM-xZSnUw?feat=directlink

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
whoops, i jumped the gun, when I took a closer look at the 5 vs 3 side by side i realized the teeth are different in number, strange.. anyhow I retarded both the intake and exhaust cam and upped the timing a bit, afm 3 clicks lean and adjusted the throttle body screw 1/8 turn counterclockwise to get the idle nice. idle has a slight lump, seems to pull harder. I'm happy, sounds really nice, the throttle is definitely more responsive when parked. Im curious the a/f ratio, i'll check it out.

·
Registered
5,448 Posts
The teeth are also a different style. It is not strange since the 82-83 ran a square tooth timing belt and the 84+ ran a round tooth timing belt. Also if you would try to move it over that much, the car would not run. There are quite a few thread out there that talk about retarding/advancing the cams.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts