Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just downloaded this off my camera - it's a couple of pics of the clutch I'm using behind my 2JZ. It's a 5-puck ceramic sprung centre, and apparently it's good for at least 550hp. So far it hasn't shown any signs of slipping with my 400hp. Definitely a worthwhile investment!

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
I've got an Advanced Clutch Technology (ACT) Clutch in my Mk2 now...bought it from Rabid Chimp a couple weeks ago.

I'm extremely happy with it. Heavy Duty pressure plate, with the street clutch disc. Flywheel resurfaced, new throw-out bearing and pilot bearing. Definitely has a lot more clamping force than the OEM clutch had. I just didn't want to deal with the problems of a clutch that engaged too harshly.

However, with the exception of a few BPU mods, my car isn't pushing anywhere near the HP of your 2JZ -- with that beast, you need all the clutch you can get. Looks good Norbie!

·
Registered
360 Posts
Norbie: What pressure plate are you using? And hows the engagement on that sucker? Harsh?

·
POTATO
17,259 Posts
I got to see what clutch was in my Blackpra this weekend, it's a "Valeo", whatever the hell that is, I guess it's just an aftermarket replacement, but it has springs and did not look like the Aisan clutch that came out of the Blupra except for the actual padding or whatever. As you can see I am not well versed in clutches, ha
But I knew my Blackpra had a little "spring" to it when I first drove that car, and I was right =)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts