Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Members,

I have decided to abandon my 6M, 5M hybrid, and 5M HP projects, so I have several parts for sale. I am not trying to make a lot of money here, but I would like to recover some of the money invested in parts, labor, upgrades, etc. So let me know if you think I am off my rocker with some of them... I would just have them all melted down if it paid good enough!

Several of my parts may have been modified, so I will inform you of the mods before finalizing any sell. Some of the parts have been purchased from forum members and have never been installed on any of my motors. I will not sell any part if I suspect that it is defective.

Many of the 5M parts will not be available for 2-weeks, as they are still installed in the vehicle and are scheduled for one more dyno run soon. The 5M engine parts are fairly fresh and are from the 178 HP motor.

Before I forget, I can do PayPal at: [email protected]

I have not included all of the photos, but have included a few. Parts and prices are listed below:

Thanks for looking guys... Carlos:)

7M Parts

• 7MGTE Connecting Rods with new ARP bolts. Shot Peened, deburred, resized. $125 SHIPPED
  • 7M Crank $75 SHIPPED
  • 7M Crank Pulley $20
  • 7MGTE Intake Manifold (2 pieces) $40
  • 7M Valve Covers $30 SHIPPED
  • 5M/7M ARP Head Studs (new, but package damaged) $35 SHIPPED
  • 7M Power Steering Pump (remote unit) $10 SHIPPED
  • 7M Timing Covers $5 each
  • 7M Cylinder Head (purchased from member) $120
  • Other misc parts $5 each

6M Parts

• 6M Crank Pulley $100 SHIPPED
  • 6M Intake bored to accept 70mm 1UZ TB $65 SHIPPED
MISC

• 210cc/min Injectors (set of 8) Cleaned & Tested $125 SHIPPED
  • 295cc/min Injectors (set of 6) Cleaned & Tested $125
  • HKS 1.2mm Metal Head Gasket (New) $90 SHIPPED
  • Jacobs Ice-Pak Ignition $75
5M Parts

• 5M Bored Rabid Chimp Throttle Body (left photo) $50 SHIPPED
  • 5M Adjustable Cam Gears (Unorthodox) $125 ENDED
  • 5M Aluminum Flywheel (Fidanza) $125 SHIPPED
  • 5M/6M/7M Doug Thorley Header & new gasket (ceramic coated w/welded collector flange) $125 SHIPPED
  • Rabid Chimp Intake (ceramic coated) $60 SHIPPED
  • Gude Cams and cases $125 SHIPPED
  • 5M OEM Intake (D-shaped runners) $15
  • 5M Crank Scrapers (never installed) $10 SHIPPED
  • 5M Ported Cylinder Head $100 PENDING
  • 5M Short Block (complete) $150 PENDING
  • 5M OEM Cam/Cases (complete) $50 SHIPPED

·
Registered
722 Posts
Sorry to hear you've given up on the N/A route. I hope this doesn't mean you've given up on the mkII completely.

I would like to get the cam sprockets and gude cams from you when you're ready. Also would like the Jacobs ignition. I also would like the 6m pulley and intake manifold. Let me know when you want the payment.

Thanks

·
I like Boost
3,725 Posts
I'll take the intake and maybe the header. depends how much money I have when the parts become available. please put me down for them and we will go from there.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Frank,

The Intake may or may not already be spoken for - I will have to let you know. I actually shortened the two vacuum nipples on the Intake and plugged them with set screws. This might be a problem for some members...

No, I have not given up on the NA MKII at all - NA for life!!! I actually sat down and started considering what it would take to build the relatively high RPM motor that I desire. And what I concluded was that the 5M Intake opening (all of them) are too small to continue making power beyond ~6200 RPM, although it might continue to rev. With the 6M, while it is torquey, there is a tremendous strain on the crank when revving near 7,000 RPM, due to the increased stroke.

So then I committed myself to building a 5M with a 7M head. I have the parts to prove it. The motor would have incredible potential and it would love to rev. But then I started thinking, I could get nearly the same RPM from a motor that has only 1mm more stroke and about 15% more valve area... Enter the 2JZGE! The only thing I don't like about this motor is it's size and weight. I have already started trimming weight in every area that I can...

I will contact you when I have everything tore down. If you shoot me an email address I can send photos as well so that you can inspect the parts...

Regards,

Carlos

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Gentlemen & Tanya (I saw those weeping eyes),

Wow, I think I officially need a secretary, but I have tried to respond to each of you PM's.

I will be cataloging each of the requests by date and time and will be working to finalize each sell with the first responders. I will work down the list whenever a sale is not finalized. For those that have made verbal commitments, your requests will be honored...

I will work as diligently as I can to finalize each sale and post the current status of that sale.

Now, I feel like pulling the motor out now and shipping all of the parts off. Actually, there is nothing preventing me from doing that except a commitment that I feel to this community. After having owned my MKII for 17 years, and tinkering on it for nearly as long, I feel compelled to aid in the development of the car and 5M motor.

This is why I have commited to one more dyno run (before disassembly) in an effort to assault the 200HP mark. Now granted, this is not the 300HP mark that many have discussed, but keep in mind that this is still a "mostly" stock 5M. The 178HP mark so far has been accomplished on breathing improvements primarily. So, we will see...

Thanks for all of you responses,

Carlos

·
Registered
5,448 Posts
Dang, hate to see this, now who am I going to bounce ideas off of for making a high HP n/a motor?

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Members,

An update will be coming tomorrow regarding pending purchases. A few photos are in store for a couple of modified parts.

I will state unofficially though that the below listed parts are preliminarily spoken for:

• 6M pulley, 6M Intake, adjustable cam gears, Gude cams, Jacobs ignition.
  • ARP Head Studs, OEM cams & cases.
  • 5M RC throttle body
  • 5M Aluminum Flywheel
  • DT Header
  • HKS Head Gasket
  • RC Intake, pending
  • Crank Scrapers
I will update tomorrow! Thanks for your patience guys...

Carlos

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Will take the headstuds and 5M RC throttle body and 5M crank scrapper if all else falls through. Please let me know.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Gentlemen,

Well, so far the Head stud deal is still firm. Infact, I needed to post a photo of the studs for review. As I had mentioned, the package had been damaged so all of the pieces had to be removed. Well, somewhere between removing them and storing them in another package, one of the nuts came up missing.

Not to worry though, I purchased "one" new ARP nut to complete the set. the shipping cost more than the nut. Just my luck that I will find the nut as soon as I ship them out...

Regards,

Carlos

1 - 20 of 41 Posts