Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
was wondering how much horsepower and foot pounds of torque some of you 5m-gte and 6m-gte owners are making at stock boost with a ct-26....
please feel free to mention your intake/exhaust/fuel/internal mods.... as well as what clutch you's are using for your set up...want to see what the average hp/ft-ibs gains are when running boost

·
Registered
3,291 Posts
After I turbocharged my 85, I netted 207 rwhp and 232 rwt. 7 psi. Prior to that, the only time it had been dyno tested (Vegas, 9-10 years ago) 129 rwhp, and just over 130 for torque. I had a Paxton RRFPR, stock CT26, narrow band a/f gauge, modified HKS down pipe bolted to a factory turbo elbow, stock bov, injectors, and Mk3 IC.
-Aaron
p.s. This was on a stock engine from a 82 Supra.

·
Registered
606 Posts
245 hp and 389 Nm at 0,52 bar with 8mm shimmed orginal ct26 and extrafuel run by mf2 connected to 2 extra 440 ml injecters, stock airfuelmeter raised and ignigtion limited to raise 20 degrees instead of 30 degrees.

Mk2 gold Denmark

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for sharing guys....this gives me an idea of the hp/ft-ibs gains when boosting with a ct-26.... anyone else feel free to share your build numbers

was wondering if anyone ever dynoed their hks single or twin turbo set up on the 5m.....

out of curiosity anyone ever run a 5m-gte with a stage 1 clutch ?

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
any of the following clutches.. or anything that hold around the same amount of ft/ibs as the ones mentioned below.

according to the sites here are the specs as well

spec stage 2 clutch --- holds 275 ft/ibs
f1 racing stage 1 clutch --- holds 277 ft/ibs
act stage 1 clutch --- holds 286 ft/ibs

spec- http://www.specclutch.com/cars/Toyota/Supra/1984/Single
f1 racing- http://gripforce.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=14_110_176_178&products_id=199
act- http://www.advancedclutch.com/products/clutchkits.aspx?prod_id=6562#6562

·
Registered
3,291 Posts
I don't know what clutch was in my car. Probably a stock replacement, nothin' fancy. Car had about 200k on it when I boosted it.
-Aaron

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
when i first did my 5mgte it was making 210rwhp and 230rwtq iirc. it was an 82 but someone had put the a late block in it so it was 9.2:1 vrs the 82's 8.8:1
that was at 7psi, stock mk3 turbo elbow and downpipe, stock mk3 IC with 2 1/4 IC piping i made. vortech RRFPR with stock injectors and a 255 pump.

i would suggest using something better than a vortech RRFPR for tuning though.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
the f1 clutch is a godamn joke, save yourself the trouble and skip it
have you actually tried out the stage 1 clutch? as i contacted the maker of the product and this is what he respnded....and i quote: ''Yes the listings are correct and true. So long as the install is done properly, you have a new flywheel or resurface, and do the proper break in"....

thanks supra_devil for also sharing your 5m-gte build and thanks aaron for that extra bit of info.

anyone happen to know what psi the hks single turbo's are set to stock?

·
Registered
8,423 Posts
After I turbocharged my 85, I netted 207 rwhp and 232 rwt. 7 psi. Prior to that, the only time it had been dyno tested (Vegas, 9-10 years ago) 129 rwhp, and just over 130 for torque. I had a Paxton RRFPR, stock CT26, narrow band a/f gauge, modified HKS down pipe bolted to a factory turbo elbow, stock bov, injectors, and Mk3 IC.
-Aaron
p.s. This was on a stock engine from a 82 Supra.

Im starting to wonder how much horse power im going to make once I go turbo.

N/A HP163 TQ177.

Upgrades, 1mm oversized SS intake and ex. 2MM MHG, ARP head studs, Bigger TB and borred intake entrance & runners, port and polish.

·
Registered
13,116 Posts
have you actually tried out the stage 1 clutch? as i contacted the maker of the product and this is what he respnded....and i quote: ''Yes the listings are correct and true. So long as the install is done properly, you have a new flywheel or resurface, and do the proper break in"....
as a famous actor once asked: "Do you understand the words that are coming out of my mouth?"

They are a godamn joke. They have been tested and failed time and time and time again. It is a waste of money and you will not be happy with the product.

--billyM

1 - 20 of 26 Posts