Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey, you convinced me to get the S-AFCII; bought one off of E-bay yesterday.

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sort of. It's an 82 that was totalled out and rebuilt with 84 parts.

·
Registered
106 Posts
My best run so far has been a 14.4 @ 98. This is with my turbo 6M. Turbonetics turbo, Walbro 255lph pump, Cartech RRFPR and stock injectors. My bottlenecks right now are my exhaust which desperately needs to be replaced, and of course the stock injectors. I plan to upgrade the injectors and run a SAFC.

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah, I ran my setup with the stock injectors for a week or two. I was so afraid of spooling the turbo with those injectors (my best pass was a 15.8 shifting at 4kRPM)! The 295's were well worth the $20. Got my S-AFCII today; now I'm ready for that Walbro.

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
CRF_Rider said:
I hope to break the 14.0 second barrier.
Shouldn't be a problem with your setup. I've got a 5M-GE ready for rebuild; maybe I'll try to get some 8.5:1 CR pistons.

·
Registered
7,111 Posts
jodyfrussille said:
i ran 11.98 whit my but my car is for drag racing only
and boosting 11 psi
:wink:
How about some proof :roll:

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
jodyfrussille wrote:
and boosting 11 psi

11s @ 11psi?? It can't be a Supra that's forsure.
---this came up on the yahoo group before...when he says it's for dragging only, he's not kidding. I think most of the interior is out, the windows are plastic...etc.

Eric

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
zankone said:
jodyfrussille said:
and boosting 11 psi
:wink:
How about some proof :roll:
Yea, this all came up on the Yahoo list. William took him to task, but after he explained everthing about the car, it makes a lot more sense. If I remeber righth he has shaved over 500 pounds off the car, and the rear has been redone, along with other things, it truly is setup stricly for drag.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
85TurboMKII said:
I ran [email protected] with 6M-GTE,295's, vortech SFMU with 4:1 disk, S-AFC, street tires.
You must have some great reactions and traction. There was a mk3 running at the Toronto Supra meet that was running low to mid 13's with trap speeds of 110-112 mph. He must have been losing a lot of time getting his car going. I am guessing the extra weight of the mk3 has something to do with that.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts