Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have heard of members mating a 5M head to a 7M block, or better known as the 57MG(T)E. I have an extra head (everything from the block up) that I am in the process of re-building. I intended to build a high HP 5MGTE. ( extrude hone everything, ss valves, forged pistons, rods, MKIII greddy turbo kit, stand-alone ECU, etc, etc. ) I have yet to buy a block, and it occured to me that If I use a 7MGTE block I could get aftermarket parts for the bottom end, and it is damn near bullet proof. What does this involve???? Will the manual transmission from the MKIII fit in the MKII? I want to use the 5m head because the larger valves take heat better in the turbo application.

Thanks,
Christopher

· Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My only concern with the 7m swap is the computer wiring. I do not have the readily available cash to do this entire project all at once, it will have to be 2-3k at a time. That means I will have to run the engine with the stock ecu untill I can put the stand alone ecu in it. If there was a kit available to piggy-back the computers, and it could be done fairly easily, then I agree the 7m swap is probibly the best. However, I am looking for a 12 second car, and if that could be done with the stock MKIII ecu, then I will definately go with the 7m. Does anyone know about the transmission??

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.