Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Most 5m and 2jz parts are interchangeable, cheap, and easy. If you do a "Search" on the subject you can see what I mean.

·
Premium Member
6,122 Posts
can a tranny of a 5mge fit on a 2jz ? ... what other parts are compatable ? anything at all ?:naughty:
If you mean the 5 spd W58 transmission behind a 5M, Most US model N/A JZ vehicles use a W series tranny. So 5M trans will bolt right up to an N/A JZ, however a turbo needs a N/A flywheel and clutch setup to work, as turbo JZs use different trans/clutch/flywheel.

·
Super Moderator
8,455 Posts
You're making this way too hard. You need a bellhousing and flywheel from a NA 2JZ (SC300 or Supra) to bolt the Mk2 W58 up to a JZ series motor. You can use any W58 clutch you want then.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok thanks alot guys im considering a 2jz swap since my dam 5m is kinda messed up .....we shall see thanks alot guys ! anything else compatible

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
No. Unless you want to count universal shit like some bolts and vac lines.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Don't SEARCH for info you need, just shoot from the hip and your gonna be fine. Keep SEARCHing your local junk yards and SEARCH your piggy bank for the money needed for the swap.

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
all you need to do is read the sticky that mwebber posted up in regards to xjz swap info. its all there.......

·
Registered
4,142 Posts
Ok I just checked and YES, A W58 WILL FIT ON A 2JZ!

Yes , it can be done and thank you for such positive proof!! Luv the rust on that block.

·
Registered
3,965 Posts
You also need to be sure you get all the 2JZ (na supra, sc300) w58 components. IE the Fork, Slave, and Pivot the fork attaches too. The bell-housing included but that was already stated. Otherwise you'll have problems with engagement.

-Leon

·
Registered
5,448 Posts
Ok I just checked and YES, A W58 WILL FIT ON A 2JZ!
I would hope so since the W58 is the stock transmission for a 2JZ, just a different extension and bell housings compared to a 5MGE.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts