Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is the clutch off of a mkIV n/a a direct drop in for the 5m clutch
i know that the w58 was used for mkII thru mkIV n/a supras just wandering if there needs to be any modifications done to the mounting surfaces at all
thanx for the help

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
The only real difference I have found between the two is that the mk IV clutch is larger by a couple of Millimeters. I've got one I am dropping in when I drop in the new motor.

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
so the clutch from the 2jzge will go in fine?

what about the pressure plate? will the one used on the mk4 2jzge swap right in too or are the bolts or flywheel different and you need to use a stock one?

had a dynapack for about a year now and its starting to slip in highly demanding driving and 2nd gear starts.

·
Super Moderator
8,370 Posts
From what I understand the advantage of the late 7mGE/2JZGE clutch isn't in the actual clutch disk but in the pressure plate, which has more clamping power. The 7M/2JZ clutch assy should work just fine on a stock Mk2 flywheel. If you want a better clutch I would go with a Clutchmasters or something. I have the later style clutch assy from Toyota and it doesn't like moderate to hard launchs from over 2k RPM.

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
the 7mgte w/ r154 uses the pull type, but 7m w/ w58 uses push. If you look at ACTs clutches, they list same part numbers for press plate and discs for all W58's (IIRC). ONly diff is TO bearings.

Christian

1 - 8 of 8 Posts