Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a complete 5mge and a 4 speed auto from my 83 supra. doing an ls swap and don't need them. like to see them go to a good home. I'm in Dayton Ohio. 7-18-2020

·
Premium Member
5,564 Posts
Dang Pauly if it were an '82 I would be there with my truck tomorrow to get it. I need an auto without ECT but I'm pretty sure the '83 is the first year with the Electronically Controlled Transmission and the '82 is the only Mark2 without it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dang Pauly if it were an '82 I would be there with my truck tomorrow to get it. I need an auto without ECT but I'm pretty sure the '83 is the first year with the Electronically Controlled Transmission and the '82 is the only Mark2 without it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
sorry. just went and looked..build date 12/82. trans controller in rear right back seat panel. yours prob doesn't have correct harness

·
Premium Member
5,564 Posts
I guess I could always swap in the ECT controller and harness, too. I have a '53 Henry J with a flathead six and 3 speed. I want to swap in a 5mge and auto trans. I figure it would be easiest to go with the pre-ECT slushbox tranny.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Would you be interested in selling parts off the 5M-GE? I'm looking for a good pair of cylinder covers, but I can't find anywhere to buy them.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I may be able to help with cylinder covers. I have a Nov.1984 5MGE engine at a friend's storage unit. What are they worth?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Would you be interested in selling parts off the 5M-GE? I'm looking for a good pair of cylinder covers, but I can't find anywhere to buy them.
I have a pair of cylinder heaad covers from a Nov. 1984 5MGE. They are at a friend's storage unit. What are they worth?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts