Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I came across a 1984 cressida w/ the 5mge motor in it, and the car has 13,000 original miles on it. The car was in the back of my cousins shop since 1986. The original owner left the car at his shop, and never came back for it. It has been sitting there since in the back of his shop. Anyways, he said he would sell it to me if I wanted it, but do you think I should go for it and put it in my 85 Supra with my turbo system? Let me know what you guys think.

·
Registered
516 Posts
:) Hey there
I think its a good Idea, but I would wait till your original engine is gone or haveing major problems, keep the Cressida engine untill that right time!
Just be aware that the older Crissidas have the 82-83 rated 145hp engines, untill 1984 From a broucher I saw online(but not sure)
and your 85 may have a tiny more power.
My engine was swaped with a Cressida and Iam trying to findout if its from
a 145hp or from the 161hp
Anyways with so few mile how can you not! :wink:
Dan Robinson

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cressida Motor

It is a hell of a deal, that I can't believe that my cousin had in the back of his shop for all those years. I want to take it out of the cressida, and build it for my turbo kit to put on. Anyways, I will be starting to build it starting first thing Monday morning.

·
Super Moderator
8,352 Posts
Whats wrong with the car itself?? Its kind of sacrilege to scrap a nearly 20yr old car with only 13k miles on it. Even if you didn't want the car you could probably find somebody to pay you enough for it to rebuild you current motor (and probably better than stock).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts