Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have swapped in a 5m into my 85 Toyota 4x4 pickup, It ran great with a stock 5m but now the bottom end is worn out and I have been thinking of ways to add power and displacement with out braking the bank. I want to stay with the 5m head because it was rebuilt not that long ago and I don't want another wiring project like swapping in a different motor(again).

Does anyone know of any major problems of using a 5m head on a 7mge Block?

Thanks

·
Registered
5,448 Posts
You need to swap out the pistons, past that, search 6M Hybrid or Frankenmotor and that will tell you the rest.

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
i had some experience this summer with the concept, fairly simple, but i concluded an after market Engine Management System would help bring out the motor's true potential.

Timing was one of the "hardest" items to sort out, iirc the best setup on a stock 7mge:
5spd ecu and 5m fuel pump/ 7m chassis electronics ie: ignitor, temp sensors, ect...

for some reason the 7m fuel pump shut off after about 2 minutes of running...?

5m cam gears/ 7mge n/a cams

·
Registered
5,448 Posts
Mikey, all he is going to do is make a 6M..........

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
Don't forget to swap over the oil pump drive shaft from the 7M block if you're using a 5M block. Also, if using the 5M front timing case, it will need to be clearanced for the fatter 6/7M crank snout.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts