Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay guys... I think it says it all

Well, my friend and I are gonna build a T3/T4 BB turbo from his old turbo parts from his Prelude turbo kit (got rid of the Honda and went with SUPRA :wink:)... well we are still gonna be using the stock 7M turbo manifold and have a T3 adapter like the MAXX T04 adapter from Suprasport.com... well we are gonna be running a 3" DP back, 295cc injectors, 1.4mm TMS MHG, 1G DSM DD BOV, 2.5 I/C pipings, 27x7x3 Spearco IC (from the Prelude kit also), FMU 6:1,

well we have the MHG and the 295cc injectors installed and just waiting to have the T3 adapter to be made by VELOCITY RACING...

as for now we have a sluch box that cam with the 84 P-type... and for ignition issues... a MSD 6BTM will run the show while we will try and run 12 psi from the T3/T4 turbo

I'll keep you guys posted on the project and probably some pics on the install when I get a chance to get that darn digital camera from my cousin

later,

JAY

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Sounds like a GREAT project! One concern I have for you tho is over fueling at an idle and offboost. Do you have any Fuel Management to turn DOWN the fuel under those conditions?

Also, the 295's should support 12 PSI very nearly by themselves without an FMU.. so you may wanna reduce the rate from 6:1... tho until you get it on the dyno, too much fuel is better than not enough.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well we are not overley concerned in the idle issue cause this car is gonna be towed to VMP and just to be race purpose for now... when we get his 7MGTE engine done then a SDS stand alone will take over... the FMU is just for measures only... but most likely we will not use it anyways...

Hey Bob... are you gonna go to the MIR meet on the 28th???

Jay

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Jay... the best answer I can give ya would be to ask me on the 27th. Right now I am so busy its crazy. To give ya a hint I am workin on the following:
1) Finding a Job (that will work with my screwed up availablity during school and still support me)
2) Enrolling in school and getting supplies/prepared for it
3) Finding a place to live
4) Packing up and moving from VA to PA
5) finishing up doctors/dental visits prior to discharge
6) all the beurocratic red tape bullshit to be discharged
7) trying to find and train a replacement for me, as my job is pretty specialized in the Corps...

and all of this needs to be settled before July 5th (my discharge date). :shock:

I would like to go... but like I said..as me as we get closer.

·
Registered
216 Posts
In Norfolk? Bob, I EAS'ed in July 02' from Jacksonville/ NRAS..
6152-airframe mech. ch-46's

Ayhow, just cool to see another Marine on the board! I know what your going through as Ive only been out for about 11 months (using the GI Bill and going to college)...

Austin

1 - 5 of 5 Posts